How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Samsung released an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 with build version XXU0ANG1. Here are the steps to install the firmware manually in case the automatic update did not work.
1. Flash the firmware manually to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy tablet.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the tablet which can be found under the Settings menu.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi model on the computer. If the Samsung Kies has been installed on the machine, connect the device using a USB cable to install the drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume up and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 4 7.0 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. DO NOT check the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool if there is NO ".pit" file used.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation, the tablet will restart automatically which may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
12. Once the tablet reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
If you found any bug or issue related to the firmware, please send your feedback to Team Android official Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 upgrade page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports