How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Samsung released an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 with build version XXU0ANG1. Here are the steps to install the firmware manually in case the automatic update did not work.
1. Flash the firmware manually to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy tablet.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the tablet which can be found under the Settings menu.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi model on the computer. If the Samsung Kies has been installed on the machine, connect the device using a USB cable to install the drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume up and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 4 7.0 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. DO NOT check the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool if there is NO ".pit" file used.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation, the tablet will restart automatically which may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
12. Once the tablet reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
If you found any bug or issue related to the firmware, please send your feedback to Team Android official Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 upgrade page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments