How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Samsung released an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 with build version XXU0ANG1. Here are the steps to install the firmware manually in case the automatic update did not work.
1. Flash the firmware manually to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy tablet.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the tablet which can be found under the Settings menu.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi model on the computer. If the Samsung Kies has been installed on the machine, connect the device using a USB cable to install the drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 Wi-Fi.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume up and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 4 7.0 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. DO NOT check the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool if there is NO ".pit" file used.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation, the tablet will restart automatically which may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
12. Once the tablet reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
If you found any bug or issue related to the firmware, please send your feedback to Team Android official Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 upgrade page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch