How to Manually Install Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 6:21 PM EST
New Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S5 Mini
According to Android Advices, the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat with build version XXU1ANG1 features bug-fixing patches for the camera issues and crash-related problems on the Galaxy S5 Mini.
Moreover, some stock apps have been deleted on the firmware which will improve the memory usage on the Galaxy S5 Mini. It has been initially released in Russia via automatic updates that can also be installed manually.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy S5 Mini.
2. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone which can be found under the Settings menu.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini smartphone.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. DO NOT check the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool if there is NO ".pit" file used.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
If you found any bug or issues related to the firmware, please send your feedback to SamMobile official Galaxy S5 Mini Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight