Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini New Milestone CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 6:18 PM EST
New Milestone Release
A milestone release of CM 11 has rollout for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 with the latest 3.0.101 kernel from Samsung. It also includes several fixes on the issues such as 1 GHz bug, sensors and Wi-Fi. Additionally, the new custom firmware features huge performance boost and ODIN package update.
1. Use the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only for this custom ROM.
2. Manually backup all of personal information, settings and data files stored on the device.
3. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent before flashing the ROM.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S3 Mini on the computer.
5. Enable USB debugging mode which can be found under the Settings menu.
6. Root the device and install the TWRP custom recovery on the smartphone.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any issue to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 11 Milestone and Google Apps package to the microSD card of the device. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Turn off the smartphone. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
4. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." It can be used to revert the device to the old ROM if desired.
5. Perform a full wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache." No need for users upgrading from older CM versions or Oliver's CM custom ROM.
6. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.4 Milestone release. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
8. Wait for at least five minutes till the device reaches the home screen.
If you find any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to Nova Fusion official CM 11 Web page for Galaxy S3 Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar