Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini New Milestone CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 6:18 PM EST
New Milestone Release
A milestone release of CM 11 has rollout for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 with the latest 3.0.101 kernel from Samsung. It also includes several fixes on the issues such as 1 GHz bug, sensors and Wi-Fi. Additionally, the new custom firmware features huge performance boost and ODIN package update.
1. Use the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only for this custom ROM.
2. Manually backup all of personal information, settings and data files stored on the device.
3. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent before flashing the ROM.
4. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S3 Mini on the computer.
5. Enable USB debugging mode which can be found under the Settings menu.
6. Root the device and install the TWRP custom recovery on the smartphone.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any issue to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the CyanogenMod 11 Milestone and Google Apps package to the microSD card of the device. No need to extract any of the zip files.
3. Turn off the smartphone. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
4. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." It can be used to revert the device to the old ROM if desired.
5. Perform a full wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache." No need for users upgrading from older CM versions or Oliver's CM custom ROM.
6. Install the CM 11 Android 4.4.4 Milestone release. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
7. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
8. Wait for at least five minutes till the device reaches the home screen.
If you find any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to Nova Fusion official CM 11 Web page for Galaxy S3 Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone