Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
By Precious Silva | July 27, 2014 6:07 PM EST
The market has remained on the lookout for the upcoming iPhone 6 models. Despite the confusion about the release dates and more predictions about the launch this September, it appears Apple will not be launching the two iPhone 6 models simultaneously. According to recent information, the tech giant will avoid pitting the two variants against each other thus the possibility of two release dates. A new leak surfaced showing parts of the upcoming iPhone 6 flagship suggesting that the device will be larger than ever. What can people expect from Apple's much anticipated release?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
Mashable noted that DigiTimes has been claiming that Apple will be releasing the 4.7-inch version ahead of the 5.5-inch variant. What stands out in the report is the reasoning behind it. Many analysts share the same opinion about the 4.7-inch launching ahead but DigiTimes has a different take on why. Apple does not want to commit that same mistake it did when it released the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c together. The release of both phones has torn the market apart.
BenLovejoy from 9to5Mac does not share the same view. According to Lovejoy, the simultaneous release did not hurt Apple. It may have supported both handsets. Consumers often have an idea already of what they want to buy before the release of the devices. Some consumers will go for the more expensive model despite a more affordable option. Renowned analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo also said previously that Apple may be delayed in releasing the bigger iPhone 6 due to production problems.
Whether Apple releases the iPhone 6 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch simultaneously or separately, the phablet version remains an appealing item over the smaller version. Analysts have agreed previously saying that the bigger-screened iPhone 6 is a refreshing offer from the company. It should appeal to an additional market sector possibly cannibalizing the iPad - it can combine the capabilities and conveniences of the previous iPhone and iPad series.
In a recent leak from French blog Nowhereelse.fr (via MacRumors), more details support the release of a larger iPhone. According to the latest leak, parts of the iPhone 6 show that they are indeed larger compared to those found on the iPhone 5s. Steve Hemmerstoffer, editor of the blog, said that a trusted source provided the photos. The circuit board of the suspected iPhone 6 is comparatively larger than the iPhone 5s.
See the circuit boards here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports