A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 27, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Meet Sabina Altynbekova, a member of Kazakhstan’s women’s volleyball national team player, who has taken the sports scene by storm not of her skills but of her pretty face
Starting with the obvious…
1. Sabina Altynbekova is Indeed a Beautiful Being
There is really not much sense just describing her through text and it might even do her injustice. We will do you a favor and give you a rundown of her videos on YouTube and judge her and her pretty face yourself:
(YouTube/ Altynbekova Sabina)
2. Sabina Altynbekova is a Social Media Hit
Probably as obvious, Sabina has already drawn the attention of netizens from around the world.
Her non-volleyball stats:
According to a quick FB search, her beauty has already produced four fan pages—two as an “athletes” fan pages and two as a “community” pages. One page has already over 91,000 likes.
Go ahead; go to this dedicated FB page now. We won’t fault you if you do a quick detour there.
On related stats, search on YouTube shows one video with above 344K views already and yet another with over 238K views. A few others got hits already of nearly 50K. On Twitter, she currently has about 19K followers.
Sabina has announced though that her only official account is via Instagram and VK social network. Still, impressive considering the non-official accounts’ members are growing exponentially. Clearly, beauty knows no boundaries for Ms. Altynbekova.
3. Sabina Altynbekova Came from a Family of Athletes
According to website, sabinaaltynbekova.com, she was born to parent athletes; her father was a skier while her mother was a track and field athlete.
Perhaps owing to her parent’s pedigree, she’s already listed as a six-footer (182 cm) even though she’ll just turn 18 years old on November 5, 2014.
4. Sabina Altynbekova is a Distraction
The world agrees but welcomes the beautiful distraction. But quite negatively for Kazakh’s junior NT head coach :
"It is impossible to work like this. The crowd behaves like there is only one player at the championship," said coach Nurlan Sadikov via Tengrin News.
She along with her not-as-pretty teammates participated in the recently concluded FIVB Asian Under-19 Championship where their country finished in 7th place.
'I was flattered at first but it's all getting a little bit much,' she said. 'I want to concentrate on playing volleyball and to be famous for that, not anything else,' via The Daily Mail.
5. Sabina Altynbekova is Indeed a Beautiful Being
That’s not a typo. We are repeating such for emphasis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom