Iron Mike Tyson Eyes Jamie Foxx to Portray Him in Biopic
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 27, 2014 3:22 PM EST
The legendary boxer wants no less than an Academy Award winner to play him a biopic.
ABC is reporting thatMike Tyson is meeting with Jamie Foxx over the weekend to convince the actor who portrayed Ray Charles to again star in a biographical picture, this time about the controversial boxer.
Gary Owen and former boxer Mike Tyson (R) present the award for best male hip hop artist during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
"Me and Jamie Foxx have been talking and he's willing to take that role and portray me as Mike Tyson, doing my life story," the former heavyweight boxing champion said Friday ''I think he's splendid because he's really up to par. I think he would do a magnificent job."
Ijn 2004, Foxx and director Taylor Hackfored joined forces to produce the critically accalimed Ray, which earned for Foxx an Academy award. He portrayed a blind singer and his struggle with drug addiction. With Mike Tyson's life there is no drama of additcion but there is plenty of meat in the story to rope in audiences. Tyson is one of the most controversial figure of the sport. His colored history from being the youngest heavyweight champion of the world to his incarceration in prison to his infamous ear biting incident with Evander Holyfield will certainly fill a lot of pages of script.
Now 48 years old and long retired from the sport, Tyson is trying to rehabilitate a tough guy image he long sustained during his playing days. He even appeared in the Hangover trilogy as himself in a sort of poke fun at himself role and he is active in his role as promoter with Iron Mike Productions. He has already opened some parts of his life to the public via his 2008 documentary entitled, "tyson" and through an autobiograhy published last November now he wants the whole trifecta with a movie in the works. he even reconciled with long time nemesis Evander Holyfield and is set to introduce him during the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame ceremonies.
Jamie Foxx for his part has long been rumoured to star in the vehicle. As early as 2004, MTV has already published a story about the singer-actor's interest in playing Tyson.Foxx believes there is more to Iron Mike than the issues of rape, bankcruptcy and on and off court shenanigans. He believes the the private life of Mike Tyson can provide the humanity aspect and the juicier parts of the role
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage