How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 9:18 AM EST
According to the official notes of Samsung, Galaxy S4 Mini gains several benefits from the Android 4.4.2 firmware such as new lock screen controls and UI, SMS chooser, redesigned status and navigation bars, new Location Settings, more emoji icons, Wireless Printing, keyboard enhancements and Samsung Knox Security version 2.0.
The official Android 4.4.2 KitKat with build version XXUCNG1 is compatible with Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and can be installed manually using ODIN flash tool.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy S4 Mini.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
4. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S4 Mini on the computer. Installing of Samsung Kies on the computer then connecting the smartphone will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down and home keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the machine. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click "PDA" then select the file with "CODE" in its name.
b. Click "Phone" then select the file with "MODEM" in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click "CSC" then select the file with "CSC" in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on "PIT" then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the "Re-Partition" option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, DO NOT check the option.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, send a feedback to Team Android original Web page for Galaxy S4 Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet