How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 27, 2014 9:18 AM EST
According to the official notes of Samsung, Galaxy S4 Mini gains several benefits from the Android 4.4.2 firmware such as new lock screen controls and UI, SMS chooser, redesigned status and navigation bars, new Location Settings, more emoji icons, Wireless Printing, keyboard enhancements and Samsung Knox Security version 2.0.
The official Android 4.4.2 KitKat with build version XXUCNG1 is compatible with Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and can be installed manually using ODIN flash tool.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy S4 Mini.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
4. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S4 Mini on the computer. Installing of Samsung Kies on the computer then connecting the smartphone will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down and home keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the machine. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click "PDA" then select the file with "CODE" in its name.
b. Click "Phone" then select the file with "MODEM" in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click "CSC" then select the file with "CSC" in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on "PIT" then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the "Re-Partition" option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, DO NOT check the option.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, send a feedback to Team Android original Web page for Galaxy S4 Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks