Bindi Irwin Remembers Dad Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin on People Magazine
By nidhi tewari | July 27, 2014 12:17 AM EST
Bindi Irwin, the daughter of famous "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin has appeared on the cover page of People magazine and has given a candid interview about her dad and how the loss of the most loved man has affected her. She lost her adventurous dad in 2006 when she was very young and the memories are still fresh in her mind.
Bindi, who is now a smart teenager and a budding actress, revealed to the magazine that many people told her that time can heal all the wounds when her dad died of a sting ray attack. But the 16-year-old called it "the biggest lie" and her wounds are still the same.
"That is the biggest lie you will ever hear. It doesn't. That kind of sadness never goes away. It's like losing a piece of your heart that you never get back," she revealed to People magazine.
She recounts the hurtful time when she lost her dad and says that when a loved one is lost, the members of his family come to crossroads where he is given the choice of burying himself in sadness and be lost in the memory of the dead person or move ahead in life. Other option would be to continue the work that the late person did in his life time and take his legacy forward.
The teenager chose the latter option and continued working in her father's footsteps. Bindi is an ardent animal lover and busies herself by planning their family's annual crocodile research trip. She also works with SeaWorld as a youth ambassador and thus carries her later father's love for animals forward.
"Every day is a new journey for me and I feel like in my lifetime, I've been blessed to experience such a lot," she says.
Steve Irwin died on work when he was filming a documentary series, "Ocean's Deadliest." The 44-year-old was attacked by a 2.4-metre sting ray fish in shallow water as it was swimming away from him. Steve reportedly died on the spot. Though Steve Irwin's death was caught on camera, the footage has never been released till date by the cameraman who was present with him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy