Cheating with Kristen Stewart Costs Rupert Sanders Huge Alimony: Wife Liberty Ross Benefited Largely in Terms of Money
By nidhi tewari | July 27, 2014 12:11 AM EST
Kristen's affair with Rupert Sanders has turned out to be a profitable deal for Liberty Ross, at least monetarily. Kristen Stewart's brief affair with his "Snowman and his Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders has cost the director an ugly divorce from his wife of many years Liberty Ross and a whopping alimony for life. Ross is entitled to receive their joint house in Los Angeles apart from their two other homes in London.
The estranged wife is also getting a 15 percent share in any profits from any of his movies and also a share in half of all their bank accounts. She will also get ownership of their life insurance policies and a whopping $25,000 a month in spousal support. This amount to a sum of $300,000 a year until June 30, 2018 or until Liberty decides to get married, various court documents sourced by E! Online reports. Apart from the above benefits, Ross is also entitled to get $14,000 per month in child support in the settlement.
Liberty and Rupert got married on August 30, 2003 but the couple's marriage got into shambles when Rupert was caught cheating with "Twlight" actress Kristen Stewart. Media went into tizzy by splashing pictures of Kristen and the director caught in an intimate smooch last year. The two were caught unaware in the act by paparazzi and their pictures were taken secretly and published in US Weekly then.
Liberty and Rupert will also share joint legal custody of their children, Skyla and Tennyson. Their daughter Skyla is 10-years-old while their son Tennyson is 8. Kristen Stewart issued a statement on the affair sometime back saying that she is very sorry for her act.
"I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry," the "Clouds of Sils Maria" actress said in a statement, the Web site reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists