Liverpool FC News: Lallana to be Sidelined for Six Weeks After Sustaining a Knee Injury
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 26, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Big-name signing Adam Lallana will be sidelined for around six weeks after sustaining a knee ligament injury in training in the United States.
"The midfielder...sustained a knock to his lateral collateral ligament during a session at the Reds' Harvard University training base in Boston," a report read on the Reds' official Website.
Liverpool fans sing before an international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
"Lallana has been assessed by Liverpool's medical staff and does not require surgery."
"No specific timeframe has been placed on a return to fitness, but injuries of this nature can result in a spell of anywhere up to six weeks on the sidelines."
The 26-year-old moved from Southampton this summer for a reported fee of £28million to help the Merseysiders in their return to the Champions League, as well as to maintain their top-four status in the Premier League in the upcoming term.
Lallana's absence will be a big blow for Liverpool, especially after the departure of leading goalscorer Luis Suarez, as the Saints Academy graduate has shown last season that he is not only good at setting up his teammates from the middle of the park, but is also able to find the back of the net himself.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage