Liverpool FC News: Lallana to be Sidelined for Six Weeks After Sustaining a Knee Injury
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 26, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Big-name signing Adam Lallana will be sidelined for around six weeks after sustaining a knee ligament injury in training in the United States.
"The midfielder...sustained a knock to his lateral collateral ligament during a session at the Reds' Harvard University training base in Boston," a report read on the Reds' official Website.
Liverpool fans sing before an international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
"Lallana has been assessed by Liverpool's medical staff and does not require surgery."
"No specific timeframe has been placed on a return to fitness, but injuries of this nature can result in a spell of anywhere up to six weeks on the sidelines."
The 26-year-old moved from Southampton this summer for a reported fee of £28million to help the Merseysiders in their return to the Champions League, as well as to maintain their top-four status in the Premier League in the upcoming term.
Lallana's absence will be a big blow for Liverpool, especially after the departure of leading goalscorer Luis Suarez, as the Saints Academy graduate has shown last season that he is not only good at setting up his teammates from the middle of the park, but is also able to find the back of the net himself.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon