Jack Bobridge a Gold Away from Glory in the Commonwealth Games
By Mohammad Sohaib | July 26, 2014 10:32 PM EST
It seems as if Australian cyclists and swimmers cannot do anything wrong in this year's Commonwealth Games at Glasgow. Jack Bobridge gave his country another gold medal to extend his tally to two golds in two days. Not only this, if the 25-year-old snatches another, he will be regarded among the great Australian cyclists ever.
Two weeks of conditioning camp is what Bobridge needed for a couple of shining golds. This is his first major title since the London Olympics 2012 and speaks volumes of his natural stamina and ability as an athlete which was on show at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games. After the road triumph a day ago, he successfully defended his title; a track event of 4000 metres individual pursuit.
"I did two weeks with the guys at the training camp and I've come here and done really well for myself for the short time I've been on the track but I think I've got more left in the tank."
Edmondson, who accompanied Bobridge in the road event a day before, was competing against him on the tracks. Bobridge, was all praise for his younger partner. "We won together yesterday, but you've got to take your hat off to him. He's the reigning world champion and he went down fighting," said Bobridge.
Edmondson, who finished with a difference of 5 seconds from his team mate admired Bobridge's form, "I think Jack Bobridge is an amazing athlete and it just shows how world class he is, that he can come in off just two weeks of road prep and show what he can do."
As Anna Meares won the cycling tracks for Australia on Day 1 of the Commonwealth Games, Jack Bobridge has continued the good work of the previous day. Australia are a medal short of England on the Medals table.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports