Jack Bobridge a Gold Away from Glory in the Commonwealth Games
By Mohammad Sohaib | July 26, 2014 10:32 PM EST
It seems as if Australian cyclists and swimmers cannot do anything wrong in this year's Commonwealth Games at Glasgow. Jack Bobridge gave his country another gold medal to extend his tally to two golds in two days. Not only this, if the 25-year-old snatches another, he will be regarded among the great Australian cyclists ever.
Two weeks of conditioning camp is what Bobridge needed for a couple of shining golds. This is his first major title since the London Olympics 2012 and speaks volumes of his natural stamina and ability as an athlete which was on show at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games. After the road triumph a day ago, he successfully defended his title; a track event of 4000 metres individual pursuit.
"I did two weeks with the guys at the training camp and I've come here and done really well for myself for the short time I've been on the track but I think I've got more left in the tank."
Edmondson, who accompanied Bobridge in the road event a day before, was competing against him on the tracks. Bobridge, was all praise for his younger partner. "We won together yesterday, but you've got to take your hat off to him. He's the reigning world champion and he went down fighting," said Bobridge.
Edmondson, who finished with a difference of 5 seconds from his team mate admired Bobridge's form, "I think Jack Bobridge is an amazing athlete and it just shows how world class he is, that he can come in off just two weeks of road prep and show what he can do."
As Anna Meares won the cycling tracks for Australia on Day 1 of the Commonwealth Games, Jack Bobridge has continued the good work of the previous day. Australia are a medal short of England on the Medals table.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2