Jack Bobridge a Gold Away from Glory in the Commonwealth Games
By Mohammad Sohaib | July 26, 2014 10:32 PM EST
It seems as if Australian cyclists and swimmers cannot do anything wrong in this year's Commonwealth Games at Glasgow. Jack Bobridge gave his country another gold medal to extend his tally to two golds in two days. Not only this, if the 25-year-old snatches another, he will be regarded among the great Australian cyclists ever.
Two weeks of conditioning camp is what Bobridge needed for a couple of shining golds. This is his first major title since the London Olympics 2012 and speaks volumes of his natural stamina and ability as an athlete which was on show at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games. After the road triumph a day ago, he successfully defended his title; a track event of 4000 metres individual pursuit.
"I did two weeks with the guys at the training camp and I've come here and done really well for myself for the short time I've been on the track but I think I've got more left in the tank."
Edmondson, who accompanied Bobridge in the road event a day before, was competing against him on the tracks. Bobridge, was all praise for his younger partner. "We won together yesterday, but you've got to take your hat off to him. He's the reigning world champion and he went down fighting," said Bobridge.
Edmondson, who finished with a difference of 5 seconds from his team mate admired Bobridge's form, "I think Jack Bobridge is an amazing athlete and it just shows how world class he is, that he can come in off just two weeks of road prep and show what he can do."
As Anna Meares won the cycling tracks for Australia on Day 1 of the Commonwealth Games, Jack Bobridge has continued the good work of the previous day. Australia are a medal short of England on the Medals table.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef