Orphan Black Creators Tease Season 3: Beth’s Return, Likely to Introduce Alison’s Mother, Possible Return of Patrick J. Adams [Comic-Con VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 26, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Orphan Black Season 2 wrapped-up with the shocking introduction of a male clone, scarface. It was also revealed that Mark, the Prolethean, is one of the male clones. At the Comic-Con 2014, Graeme Mason and John Fawcett, co-creators of "Orphan Black," revealed that they had originally intended to kill the character of Mark, who is played by Ari Millen.
Actress Tatiana Maslany accepts the award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for "Orphan Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"He [Arin] just showed up in that diner scene, and sitting opposite him, I just saw this actor was so present. He just had this well of depth," Tatiana Maslany, who plays Sarah and her clone sisters, said about her co-actor's performance, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly (EW).
According to Zap2it report, the season three of "Orphan Black" is expected to explore the truth behind Beth's death. Beth is likely to return in Season 3, though in flashbacks, as Fawcett said, "At some point, there is a definite chance that we will see that." Zap2it also quoted Manson as saying, "I think there is probably a twist on what happened with Beth that we don't know yet. Beth committed suicide in Season 1 after meeting Sarah.
Patrick J. Adams had a little guest-starring role in Season 2. Helena fell in love with his character Jesse, the tow-truck guy, and was abducted by the military men when she was on her way to meet him. The recent online media reports suggested that Patrick is unlikely to return to reprise his role. At the Comic-Con, the creators did not explicitly confirm whether Patrick is retuning in Season 3, or not, but Mason said, as quoted by Zap2it, "It was one of our favourite moments of Season 2, getting a little romance for Helena. We love Patrick Adams, he's great. And she's still got that hat. He needs his hat back."
According to EW report, Kristian Bruun, who plays Donnie in the show, recently ran into Patrick, who currently plays Mike Ross in USA Network's "Suits," at a restaurant. Bruun said at the Comic-Con that Patrick told him that he wants to be back on "Orphan Black." The creators also did not confirm whether Sarah's trans-clone, Tony, will make an appearance in Season 3, or not.
The creators are planning to introduce Alison's mother in Season 3 of "Orphan Black."
Here is the "Orphan Black" Funniest Moments From Season 2: Comic-Con 2014 Panel Video BBC AMERICA:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone