Moto G Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update: How to and When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | July 26, 2014 9:39 PM EST
Moto G users will be pleased to know that the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for their devices has started rolling out. Specifically, the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is available for the Google Play Store edition of the device. The firmware seeks to address a range of bug problems including those related to OpenSSL problems. The OTA update should start seeding to a number of Verizon users. Other carriers and regions should follow suit.
Sundar Pinchai, Google's senior vice president of Android, Chrome and Apps, speaks during his keynote address at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco, June 25, 2014
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is initially available for Moto G Verizon subscribers. Similar to other rollouts, users under other carriers may expect the firmware soon on their devices as well. Motorola confirmed previously that its Moto X and Moto G line will be receiving the Android L. The Android 4.4.4 appears to be in preparation of Google's upcoming update.
Previously, reports noted that Motorola may be offering the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the LTE version of the device as well. However, Verizon does not have the LTE version. According to the Droid Life, the Moto G has been a successful venture for Motorola. In fact, Rick Osterloh, senior vice president of Motorola for product management, confirmed that the Moto remains the company's bestselling handset. The company did not provide exact figures about its sales according to GSM Arena.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Moto G offers the following:
- Power profile accuracy improvements
- Security fixes particularly those related to OpenSSL
- Framework and stability fixes
- Additional viewfinder functions such as pause video recording plus convenient pause/resume function
- Enhanced Phone dialer
- New Motorola Alert application
Users can also download from the Google Play Store. Verizon users can wait for the notification. Tap on the notification to begin installation. There will be on-screen instructions provided. For those without notification, they can check for the update manually. To do this, go to Settings > About phone > System updates. Choose "Download."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build