Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
By Ryan Inoyori | July 26, 2014 2:42 PM EST
PTCRB certified a new firmware for Sony Xperia E1 Dual which runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. It has been certified in July 25 and may feature the "Transfer apps to SD card" found on Xperia T2 Ultra Android KitKat firmware.
Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat
PTCRB certified a new firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS for the Sony Xperia E1 Dual in July 25 2014. It has the build version 20.1.B.0.60 which will level up the smartphone from 20.0.B.0.84 firmware.
According to XperiaBlog, the newly certified firmware is compatible with Xperia E1 D2104 and D2105 variants while the DTV model also known as D2114 will have Android KitKat having the firmware build 20.1.B.0.61.
Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual are both included on the Android KitKat upgrade plans of Sony Mobile along with Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia M2 for 2014. However, the certification of Android KitKat for the single SIM model of Xperia E1 has not been posted yet and it is expected to follow later on.
Once the certified Android KitKat firmware for Sony Xperia E1 Dual is approved for rollout, users may expect the update next month.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Features
Sony Mobile initially released the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact then follow through on older Xperia Z series smartphones. Here are the details about the firmware based on official notes from the company:
- Standard enhancements and optimisations of Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Google.
- PlayStation 4 new user interface such as boot animation, status bar and Quick Settings.
- Latest versions of Sony native applications including messaging, email, Smart Social Camera and STAMINA mode.
- Updates on the Sony Media applications including WALKMAN, Album and Movies, and Sony Entertainment Network cloud service.
- Xperia Theme support with downloadable contents via Sony Select or via Google Play Store.
- Compatibility with Sony SmartWear Experience such as SmartBand and Lifelog application.
Official change logs on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat of Sony Xperia T2 Ultra:
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat default features and enhancements
2. Updated camera application and overall tuning to improve the camera experience
3. Enhanced email app
4. Stability, performance and battery improvements
XperiaBlog noticed that the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Sony Xperia T2 Ultra offers something that was not featured on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL/ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.
Apparently, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Xperia T2 Ultra features "Transfer apps to SD card" that allow users to move applications from the internal storage to the microSD card which supposedly prohibited by Android KitKat. It seems like Sony Mobile intends to enable the feature on devices that sports very limited internal storage space which may also happen on the Android KitKat firmware for Xperia E1 smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail: