Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 26, 2014 2:29 PM EST
Samsung has not announced the upcoming Galaxy S5 Alpha (aka Galaxy F and Galaxy Alpha), so far. However, the Galaxy S5 Alpha is perceived to be the next high-end smartphone from Samsung's den. Freshly leaked images that were recently picked up by online sources shows the beautiful device, which is synonymous to the word premium. Going by the available reports, the Galaxy Alpha release date can be expected in August.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won.
The Galaxy Alpha will reportedly feature a 4.8-inch display bundled with 720p screen resolution, Sam Mobile reports. However, the pixel density is unknown at this point. It is worth noting that, an earlier report from Phone Arena speculated a 4.7-inch display with a screen resolution between 1,080 x 1,920 pixels, aka Full HD display, or 1,440 x 2,560 pixels, aka Quad HD display.
In addition, the rumoured Galaxy Alpha will come with an aluminium frame surrounding the phone (on the sides). However, as expected, Samsung has kept the same faux leather (perforated) rear seen in the Samsung Galaxy S5. Sam Mobile believes this exterior construction provides comfortable grip along with the much-loved premium look to the Galaxy Alpha.
On the contrary, according to an update posted by Sam Mobile, there is a slim possibility that Galaxy Alpha's final exterior design could use material with matte effect instead of the metallic finish. Furthermore, this handset will feature a fingerprint sensor similar to the Galaxy S5. When it comes to memory, the device is expected to come with 32 GB of internal storage capacity with no microSD card support. If the reports are true, an LTE-A variant of the Galaxy Alpha will also be offered.
Looking at the display size of 4.8-inch, Samsung might be pitching the Galaxy Alpha against the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 variant with a release date set in September. However, Samsung has not confirmed the existence of the device at this point.
Interested readers can check out the killer Galaxy Alpha images from Sam Mobile. Also, the Vietnamese portal named Tihnte shows the same device in switched-on mode. Readers are advised to note that the images from the aforementioned sources may not be the final look of the device.
1. Nokia Lumia 530 (Dual-Sim) Spotted in a Retailer Site; Specifications and Features Listed—[Read]
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5-Inch) vs. LG G Pad (10.1-Inch) - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown—[Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit