Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
By Sachin Trivedi | July 26, 2014 2:11 PM EST
The brutal killing in the Red Wedding may be hard to forget and viewers may find that the Starks could have their vengeance in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The popular TV show is based on "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series by George R. R. Martin. Spoilers Ahead.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this file photo from March 18, 2014. HBO's medieval thriller led all nominees with 19 as the 2014 Emmy nominations were announced July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
The spoilers are based on the books written by George R. R. Martin. Catelyn Stark, who was killed during the Red Wedding, will be brought back to life by Beric Dondarrion. Readers will remember the character fighting Sandor Clegane, also known as The Hound, in a cave using a fiery sword. The event took place in "Game of Thrones" Season 3 Episode 5.
Beric Dondarrion has died many times before and has been brought back to life, like the time he died during the duel with the Hound. Beric will sacrifice his life to bring back Catelyn from death in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
Catelyn Stark will assume the name of Lady Stoneheart and takeover the leadership of the Brotherhood Without Banners. Readers will remember that her throat was slit so she will barely be able to speak after being resurrected from the dead.
Catelyn Stark or Lady Stoneheart has lost her husband and her eldest son. She has no news about the whereabouts of her other children. All her wrath will now be focused on the House of Frey in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
The House Bolton and the House Frey both benefitted for betraying the Starks at the Red Wedding. Roose Bolton was named the Warden of the North and the Freys got lands that once belonged to the House Tully. Readers may note that Catelyn was from House Tully before she married Ned Stark.
Although many of the Freys may die in "Game of Thrones" Season 5, the head of the House Walder Frey will continue to outlive many of his sons and grandsons. The author George R. R. Martin has still not hinted at what form of death he has planned for Walder Frey.
The production of "Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to begin soon. The producers will take the viewers to new and exotic locations this time around. Viewers will get to see Dorne for the first time. Spain has been selected as a location to film the scenes of Dorne.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy