Dr Oz: Jorge Cruise's Carb Cycling Diet is Good for Weight Loss
By Sarah Thomas | July 26, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Dr. Mehmet Oz on his talk show on July 24, discussed the treatment option for 'Fibroids' the most prevalent health concern for women. He was also joined by Jorge Cruise the weight loss expert who spoke about carb cycling diets.
Television show host Dr. Mehmet Cengiz Oz (Dr. Oz) poses at the "Stand Up To Cancer" television event, aimed at raising funds to accelerate innovative cancer research, at the Sony Studios Lot in Culver City, California September 10, 2010. The one-hour live commercial-free fundraising event was aired across multiple broadcast and cable channels at the same time. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEALTH SOCIETY)
Almost 50 per cent of the women suffer from fibroids. Although these are not malignant, they can cause discomfort, bleeding along with pain. With simple dietary changes or hormone therapy women can avoid going in for surgery, a new research has shown.
According to the Standard American Diet (SAD) foods low on the GI scale that keep fibroids at bay include leafy green vegetables, milk and eggs. Keeping a check on weight will help as well. Foods like White Bread, French Fries, Doughnuts and instant White Rice rank high on the glycemic index (GI) and cause tumour growth as they increase the concentration of insulin growth factor 1 (IGF-1). Obesity also is a contributing factor.
The distinguished author of 'The 100: Count Only Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 weeks' Jorge Cruise shared, that it is very necessary that people of different age groups choose the right carbohydrates and diet which helps in weight reduction.
In his book "Happy Hormones, Slim Belly: Over 40? Lose 7 lbs. the First Week, and Then 2 lbs. Weekly", for middle-aged women, Jorge states that following a low carb diet along with limited intake of sugar for two days and a consecutive increase of carbohydrates for the next five days balances hormones and increases weight loss. A person can lose 7 pounds in 7 days and 2 pounds every week by following this diet.
However the carb cycling diet does not appeal to all diet experts. According to them it is beneficial to people older than 40. Celebrity trainers Heidi and Chris Powell use this diet for both teenagers and the middle aged, which has given them good results.
Both Heidi and Jorge agree that omitting sugar and white flour is very crucial to the success of the diet. The body does not feel deprived when you alternate between low and high carb days, it also increases metabolism leading to weight loss, said Powell.
Jorge added that carbohydrates give women a surge in serotonin that balances the hormones, makes you happy and helps in weight loss. He recommended a consumption of 100 sugar calories on low carb days and not more than 500 sugar calories on high carb days. Also stating that one must include low carb flours like coconut flour, almond flour and flax-seed flour instead of the regular flour in their diet.
Dr. Oz said that this diet is very beneficial to women in their late 30's and above as it helps in balancing their hormones. This is the age when hormones surge, both during the period of menopause and the 15 years prior to it. Dr. Oz pointed that a diet low in glycemic index eases symptoms of fibroids and can avoid surgery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Middleton's Morning Sickness Could Cause Risk Of Miscarriage[Watch Video]
- Caution to Diabetics: Artificial Sweeteners May Increase Blood Sugar Levels Based on Study
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone