Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 Specifications Leaked: 5.15-Inch Display, Android 4.4.4 OS, 801 Processor and More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 26, 2014 12:25 PM EST
The beginning of July marked the first leak pertaining to the upcoming Sony Xperia Z3. Interestingly, the Xperia Z2 has just been launched in many regions across the globe including the U.S. In the meantime, many reports from various sources claim to reveal the specifications and features of the Sony Xperia Z3. However, Sony has not confirmed the next-generation device, thus far.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil.
This time around, information is leaked by credible and popular tipster @evleaks (via Phone Arena). Going by the available reports, the Xperia Z3 will reportedly feature a 5.15-inch full HD display with 1,080 x 1,920-pixel screen resolution. The device will be powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.4 GHz along with Adreno 330 GPU.
In addition, the Xperia Z3 is expected to house a powerful 3 GB of RAM, similar to the Xperia Z2. The upcoming smartphone will run on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box. However, GSM Arena believes there is a good possibility that the phone might run on the latest Android L upon release.
Furthermore, the handset will be equipped with 16 GB of internal storage capacity with microSD card slot for further expansion. When it comes to camera specifications, the Xperia device will reportedly sport a 20.7-MP rear-facing camera unit and a 2.1-MP front-facing shooter. Interestingly, the Xperia Z2 features the same camera unit. From the revealed specifications, so far, the cited sources opine the Xperia Z3 looks like the Xperia Z2 in many ways.
However, the next-generation Xperia device will reportedly be thinner than its predecessor, the Xperia Z2. Specifically, the phone will be 7 mm thick, whereas the Xperia Z2 comes with a thickness of 8.2 mm.
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
According to earlier reports, the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact is also in the offing. The rumoured specifications include a 4.5-inch display with 720p resolution, powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5 GHz and Adreno 330 GPU. The Compact device is expected to house a good 2 GB of RAM.
Sony has not confirmed the release date of the Xperia Z3 and the Xperia Z3 Compact until today. However, the devices are expected to be announced at the IFA scheduled in Berlin between Sept. 5 and 10.
What do you think of the Xperia Z3 device? Feel free to leave a comment.
2. Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Xiaomi Mi3 - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown—[Read]
3. Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown—[Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef