Killer LG G3 Boosts LG’s Spectacular Q2 Revenue; With G3, LG has Set a New Standard for Smartphones
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 26, 2014 12:10 PM EST
South Korea's LG surprised everyone with the G3 smartphone that comes bundled with killer features and impressive under the hood performance. It is worth mentioning that the G3 was released in the same quarter as the much-hyped Samsung Galaxy S5. However, the LG G3 held its own when the run-of-the-mill Galaxy S5 was expected to rule the roost. According to recent earnings report, LG has posted excellent quarterly revenue owing to the impressive smartphone sales.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
The company reported its Q2 results on Thursday posting a quarterly net profit of $400 million on revenue. This includes all LG units with a grand total of $14.9 billion, according to BGR.
According to LG, the mobile unit sales growth surged 16% to $3.5 billion. This is mainly due to the impressive shipment number from sales that totalled at 14.5 million smartphone units. Nevertheless, the company did not reveal the number specific to LG G3 handsets shipped thus far. But then, LG acknowledged that a huge percentage of the successful quarterly results should be attributed to the G3 and the earned reputation across the globe.
July Release Date Update
Even though the G3 was released in June, the handset hit the store shelves only in selected markets. From the beginning of July, the phone has made landfall in many regions across the globe. In specific, the U.S. markets saw a mid-July release. T-Mobile has started offering this handset from July 16, while Verizon and Sprint started offering from July 17, and July 18 respectively. Furthermore, AT&T started offering LG G3 from July 11, according to 9To5Google. In addition to the network carriers, online retailers like Amazon and eBay are also offering this handset.
Keys Specifications of LG G3
The LG G3 comes with a whopping 5.5 inches display with 2,560 x 1,440 (Quad HD) resolution. Interestingly, the company offers two different combinations of RAM and in-built memory for G3 buyers. The phones is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz and it comes with a 2 GB of RAM (if opted for 16 GB of storage) and a 3 GB of RAM (If opted for 32 GB of storage). Nevertheless, not all markets will be offering both the RAM/memory combinations.
3. Dual-Sim Variant Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos LTE Available For $899 - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build