Samsung Galaxy Note Rival Pantech Pop Up Note Packs 5.5-Inch Display, 801 Processor, Stylus & LTE Support
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 26, 2014 12:04 PM EST
Samsung's Galaxy Note series of phablets could see a potential rival in the brand new Pantech's Pop Up Note. Apparently, Pantech is one of the major smartphone makers in South Korea. Also the company ranks third in the top device makers list pertaining to the country. According to recent news, Pantech is in the process of unveiling its new handset/phablet dubbed "Pop Up Note" with a model number IM-A920S.
Earlier rumours suggested that Pantech Pop Up Note will be powered by a killer 64-bit (Qualcomm Snapdragon 810) processor. Nevertheless, this insane rumour is put to rest with the newly emerged details about this handset via BlogOfMobile (picked up by Phone Arena).
The Pantech Pop Up Note will reportedly feature a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.3 GHz. In addition, the device will house a 2 GB of RAM.
Even though, Snapdragon 801 is a superior processor used by almost all the top-selling smartphones like Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G3 and Xperia Z2, this cannot be compared to the much-powerful Snapdragon 810 processor.
The other salient specification of Pantech Pop Up Note includes a 5.5-inch LCD display bundled with Full HD 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution. Notably, the LG G3 and the OnePlus One are the only other smartphones to come with 5.5-inch display in the current top-selling lot.
Also, the device will reportedly support LTE, CDMA, and GSM connections. When it comes to camera specification, the phone will sport a 13 MP rear-facing CMOS camera unit and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. Like Samsung Galaxy Note series of phablets, Pantech Pop Up Note will also come with a peculiar stylus (pen). Moreover, the phablet will run on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Notably, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be released in the month of September. Therefore, Pantech Pop Up Note's release during that time frame could make the phablet a direct competition to the much-awaited Galaxy Note 4.
However, at this point the company has not communicated any information pertaining to the availability of the device outside South Korea. As a matter of fact, Pantech has not announced the release date of Pop Up Note in the South Korean market either. But Phone Arena points out that Pantech might not have the financial luxury enjoyed by Samsung to cater to markets outside South Korea. Hence it remains to be seen if this killer device will be released outside Korea.
What do you think of the Pop Up Note? Feel free to leave a comment.
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5-Inch) vs. LG G Pad (10.1-Inch) - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown - [Read]
3. Dual-Sim Variant Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos LTE Available For $899 - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery