Fifty Shades of Grey Jamie Dornan Making Waves in Hollywood, Irish Actor Lands a Role Alongside Bradley Cooper
By Riza Ornos | July 26, 2014 10:35 AM EST
With the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey" steamy trailer, lead star Jamie Dornan is slowly making his mark in Hollywood with new role in the upcoming chef movie alongside Oscar-nominee Bradley Cooper. Adding to his already impressive repertoires, Dornan landed a role alongside Emma Thompson and Sienna Miller that will make him an internationally bonafide and bankable actor.
Actress Dakota Johnson arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Landing the coveted role as Christian Grey in the E.L. James film adaptation of "Fifty of Shades of Grey" cemented Dornan's star quality. Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, the highly anticipated kinky movie is scheduled to premiere on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14, 2015, as it features two rising stars in the lead roles with Dakota Johnson playing the innocent Anastasia Steele.
"It's not, like, a romantic situation. It's more, like, technical and choreographed and less ... it's more of a task," said the 32-year old Irish actor during an interview with The Today's Show.
Although his role in the upcoming movie is still under wraps, the London-based film's title is still unknown but the word around town is that it'll be called "Adam Jones." The movie will reportedly centre around Bradley Cooper as a "hot-shot chef who returns to London in search of a third Michelin star after stepping away from the kitchen for several years."
Also known for his role as Paul Spector in the Belfast based thriller "The Fall," Dornan plays a serial killer in the BBC crime series which is now getting picked up internationally. Now available in the U.S. on Netflix, "The Fall" is currently in season 2 that features former "X-Files" star Gillian Anderson as a police officer who is chasing Dornan's character.
"With the second season of 'The Fall' there is going to be more to him than I planned for," said the Hollywood hunk in an interview with Interview Magazine. "It's been over two years -- I haven't stayed in his mind for the entire two years, don't worry -- but when I'm in it, I do feel very comfortable in his skin, and that can only lead to rare things happening."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia