Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Re-Sign Club Legend Didier Drogba
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 26, 2014 4:10 AM EST
Jose Mourinho's inclination of mixing wisdom with youth, experience with energy, is slowly becoming apparent, as Chelsea signs another "elder statesman" in club legend Didier Drogba.
It can be recalled that the Portuguese mentor also made a similar move last summer, when he brought in the 33-year-old Samuel Eto'o. The said move somehow paid off as the Cameroonian was able to deliver crucial and impact goals when called upon.
Didier Drogba rejoins John Terry at Chelsea
This time, however, the Special One will be relying on the 36-year-old Drogba, who definitely lost a lot of pace throughout the years, but still has enough to come off the bench and provide a needed spark with his strong physique and veteran smarts.
In any case, the former Marseille man is just happy to be back to the club that's closest to his heart, penning a one-year deal with the west London outfit.
"It was an easy decision - I couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jose again. Everyone knows the special relationship I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me," the Ivorian told Chelseafc.com.
"My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter of my career."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe