Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Re-Sign Club Legend Didier Drogba
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 26, 2014 4:10 AM EST
Jose Mourinho's inclination of mixing wisdom with youth, experience with energy, is slowly becoming apparent, as Chelsea signs another "elder statesman" in club legend Didier Drogba.
It can be recalled that the Portuguese mentor also made a similar move last summer, when he brought in the 33-year-old Samuel Eto'o. The said move somehow paid off as the Cameroonian was able to deliver crucial and impact goals when called upon.
Didier Drogba rejoins John Terry at Chelsea
This time, however, the Special One will be relying on the 36-year-old Drogba, who definitely lost a lot of pace throughout the years, but still has enough to come off the bench and provide a needed spark with his strong physique and veteran smarts.
In any case, the former Marseille man is just happy to be back to the club that's closest to his heart, penning a one-year deal with the west London outfit.
"It was an easy decision - I couldn't turn down the opportunity to work with Jose again. Everyone knows the special relationship I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me," the Ivorian told Chelseafc.com.
"My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter of my career."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine