iPhone 6 September 26 Release Imminent After Extreme Torture Test, Paper-Thin iPhone 6 Appears Indestructible
By Precious Silva | July 26, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Despite news about production delays and problems with the iPhone 6, analysts remain convinced that Apple will push through with a September release. More importantly, the release is expected to be around September 26 as Apple has subjected the device to extreme-torture test already. The iPhone 6 will reportedly come with a paper-thin almost indestructible surface that can cannibalize sales of iPad and other competitors. Can Apple perform up to expectations?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
YouTube User Marques Bronwlee uploaded a YouTube video showing the iPhone 6's sapphire crystal screen under extreme torture test. The user bends the screen to 90 degrees. He also uses a key to scratch it along with a knife to score it. According to Business Insider, the seemingly "unbreakable" nature of the iPhone 6 will address previous grievances of iPhone owners.
According to Brownlee, although the glass appears to be paper thin, it is also indestructible. That is, at least when subjected to normal use, it will not break as easily. People can be more comfortable carrying it around in their pockets.
However, in another video uploaded by Brownlee, the iPhone 6 mock up did not pass the sandpaper test. The uploader tested two types of high-quality sandpaper. These include the emery (scoring 8.0 on the Mohs scale) and Garnet (scoring 7.0). This goes against the previous indestructible nature portrayed in the other test. Nonetheless, unless iPhone users will scratch sandpaper deliberately on the screen, it should par well with normal use.
To support the release of the iPhone 6, GSM Arena reported about sighting iPhone 6 screen protectors on an online retailer called XtremeGuard. The site listed protectors for both the 4.7 and 5.5-inch models. In an attempt to shed more light on the release date of the device, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster said that the launch could be around late September. Despite the production delays, it is possible for Apple to release the device this September. According to the analyst (via CNET):
"We believe the guide suggests a launch on the last Friday of September (9/26)...This means Apple will only benefit from 5 days of iPhone 6 sales vs. 12 in our prior expectation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced