Jennette McCurdy 'Fed Up of Being a Role Model'
By nidhi tewari | July 25, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Jennette McCurdy is fed up of being expected to become a role model for the younger generation and says she never has the intentions of becoming one too! In an open letter on Reddit, Jennette revealed that there was a time when she wanted to live up to other people's expectations and gave it her best shot. However, she now says that it was never something she really wanted to do.
"I am not a role model," she begins her open letter. "I don't claim to be, I don't try to be, and I don't want to be."
The 22-year-old Nickelodean star then accepts the fact that she has committed some mistakes in the past (like getting her controversial nude pictures released on Internet) but the actress added that even if she didn't do it, people would have tried to pin her down by finding some or other mistake in her.
"I've made some mistakes, but even if I hadn't, people would have found invisible ones," the "Sam and Cat" actress writes.
"This world is one seemingly most keen on judgment and negativity, despite all the hearts and smiley emoticons," she adds.
The actress then tells her fans in the letter than she finds comparing the celebrities to role model unacceptable as it is almost like admiring a complete stranger. People know their celebrities by watching them on television and by the image the media projects of them. The people do not know them beyond a certain limit as media tries to give them a picture, which they want to see. The reality is completely different, the actress revealed.
"It's good to have heroes, but you have to look for them in the right places. They say don't look for true love in a bar, well I say, don't look for role models on screens," the actress then adds, giving some really surprising statements! Read the full letter here.
The actress also sent her condolences to the Ariana Grande on Twitter, whose grandfather passed away some time back. "My thoughts & condolences go out to the Grande family. I met Ariana's Grandpa several times. He was always kind & classy. #RIPGrandpaGrande," Jennette wrote.
Jennette has been in news this year for various reasons. First she got her nudes leaked accidentally on Internet and gained vast media publicity. There was speculation in the media some time back that she did not want to work with co-star Ariana Grande on "Sam and Cat" show as she was allegedly not paid the same amount of compensation as the "Problem" singer is. Ariana took to Facebook to give her side of story. Now the "Sam and Cat" show has been cancelled for the next season completely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports