Jennette McCurdy 'Fed Up of Being a Role Model'
By nidhi tewari | July 25, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Jennette McCurdy is fed up of being expected to become a role model for the younger generation and says she never has the intentions of becoming one too! In an open letter on Reddit, Jennette revealed that there was a time when she wanted to live up to other people's expectations and gave it her best shot. However, she now says that it was never something she really wanted to do.
"I am not a role model," she begins her open letter. "I don't claim to be, I don't try to be, and I don't want to be."
The 22-year-old Nickelodean star then accepts the fact that she has committed some mistakes in the past (like getting her controversial nude pictures released on Internet) but the actress added that even if she didn't do it, people would have tried to pin her down by finding some or other mistake in her.
"I've made some mistakes, but even if I hadn't, people would have found invisible ones," the "Sam and Cat" actress writes.
"This world is one seemingly most keen on judgment and negativity, despite all the hearts and smiley emoticons," she adds.
The actress then tells her fans in the letter than she finds comparing the celebrities to role model unacceptable as it is almost like admiring a complete stranger. People know their celebrities by watching them on television and by the image the media projects of them. The people do not know them beyond a certain limit as media tries to give them a picture, which they want to see. The reality is completely different, the actress revealed.
"It's good to have heroes, but you have to look for them in the right places. They say don't look for true love in a bar, well I say, don't look for role models on screens," the actress then adds, giving some really surprising statements! Read the full letter here.
The actress also sent her condolences to the Ariana Grande on Twitter, whose grandfather passed away some time back. "My thoughts & condolences go out to the Grande family. I met Ariana's Grandpa several times. He was always kind & classy. #RIPGrandpaGrande," Jennette wrote.
Jennette has been in news this year for various reasons. First she got her nudes leaked accidentally on Internet and gained vast media publicity. There was speculation in the media some time back that she did not want to work with co-star Ariana Grande on "Sam and Cat" show as she was allegedly not paid the same amount of compensation as the "Problem" singer is. Ariana took to Facebook to give her side of story. Now the "Sam and Cat" show has been cancelled for the next season completely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown