Jennette McCurdy 'Fed Up of Being a Role Model'
By nidhi tewari | July 25, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Jennette McCurdy is fed up of being expected to become a role model for the younger generation and says she never has the intentions of becoming one too! In an open letter on Reddit, Jennette revealed that there was a time when she wanted to live up to other people's expectations and gave it her best shot. However, she now says that it was never something she really wanted to do.
"I am not a role model," she begins her open letter. "I don't claim to be, I don't try to be, and I don't want to be."
The 22-year-old Nickelodean star then accepts the fact that she has committed some mistakes in the past (like getting her controversial nude pictures released on Internet) but the actress added that even if she didn't do it, people would have tried to pin her down by finding some or other mistake in her.
"I've made some mistakes, but even if I hadn't, people would have found invisible ones," the "Sam and Cat" actress writes.
"This world is one seemingly most keen on judgment and negativity, despite all the hearts and smiley emoticons," she adds.
The actress then tells her fans in the letter than she finds comparing the celebrities to role model unacceptable as it is almost like admiring a complete stranger. People know their celebrities by watching them on television and by the image the media projects of them. The people do not know them beyond a certain limit as media tries to give them a picture, which they want to see. The reality is completely different, the actress revealed.
"It's good to have heroes, but you have to look for them in the right places. They say don't look for true love in a bar, well I say, don't look for role models on screens," the actress then adds, giving some really surprising statements! Read the full letter here.
The actress also sent her condolences to the Ariana Grande on Twitter, whose grandfather passed away some time back. "My thoughts & condolences go out to the Grande family. I met Ariana's Grandpa several times. He was always kind & classy. #RIPGrandpaGrande," Jennette wrote.
Jennette has been in news this year for various reasons. First she got her nudes leaked accidentally on Internet and gained vast media publicity. There was speculation in the media some time back that she did not want to work with co-star Ariana Grande on "Sam and Cat" show as she was allegedly not paid the same amount of compensation as the "Problem" singer is. Ariana took to Facebook to give her side of story. Now the "Sam and Cat" show has been cancelled for the next season completely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate