Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer: Producer Boots Thinks Beyonce Killed Crazy in Love Remake in Official Movie Trailer [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 25, 2014 10:18 PM EST
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie trailer has been officially released to the delight of the waiting fans with the dark and sexy remake of singer Beyonce's hit single in 2003 titled "Crazy in Love." Producer Boots, who has worked with Beyonce for her self-titled music album in 2013, thinks the 32-year-old singer killed the performance of the song in the movie trailer.
Singer Beyonce Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York in this May 5, 2014 file photo. Beyonce, basketball player LeBron James and record producer and rapper Dr. Dre headed Forbe's list of most powerful celebrities released on June 30, 2014. With estimated earnings of $115 million for 2014 and a string of hits Beyonce, 32, nabbed the top spot on the annual list.
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Bonnie's Death Makes Jeremy Go Back to His Season 1 Dark Side, Matt to Have Internal Conflict
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: EP Michael Narducci Teases Great Power for Davina, Love Interest for Josh and the Mikaelson Family
In the Complex interview, producer Boots revealed that the reason why he chose "Crazy in Love" as the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer song is because it just fits. "I look at what we did for the trailer and this version of the song is, very much in my opinion, a score," the producer explained.
Producer Boots further admitted that Beyonce killed the vocals for "Crazy in Love" in the movie trailer and listening to the song gave him chills as well. "I think that she killed it. The acapellas that she did gives me chills, so it's really dope," Boots declared in admiration for the outcome of their collaboration.
According to the producer, the sexy track for the film was created during an "incredible day" at the Universal Studios sound stage. Boots recounted that he just heard the song with the way that he wanted it to sound inside his head. "Everything suddenly started having this breathing life and started feeling more than just a regular song," the producer shared in the interview.
Boots believes that his work on the Beyonce track is perfectly aligned with the "Fifty Shades of Grey" storyline since the "Crazy in Love" lyrics says it all. According to the producer, being in love can make anyone do crazy things and the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer has that tone with the cat-and-mouse chase happening. "I felt that it needed to feel that way in the build of the score," Boots explained.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" stars Dakota Johnson as the innocent and submissive Anastasia Steele and Irish actor Jamie Dornan as the handsome, wealthy but dark Christian Grey. The film adaptation of British author E.L. James' erotic novel is scheduled to be released on February 13, 2015. Have a look at the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer below and listen to the exclusive version of Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" single.
Credit: YouTube/Fifty Shades of Grey
More Articles to Read:
Kit Harington: Game of Thrones Actor to Star in HBO's Sports Mockumentary Titled 7 Days in Hell with Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star Andy Samberg - [READ]
Emma Stone: Magic in the Moonlight Actress Thinks Game of Thrones is a Joke, Talks about Working with Woody Allen in New Film - [READ]
Cameron Diaz vs. Kyle Sandilands: Sex Tape Actress Cuts Interview Short after Kyle & Jackie O Host Slammed Her Best Friend Drew Barrymore - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up