Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
By Lou Imperial | July 25, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Jeremy Lin revealed that he had exchanged text with superstar Kobe Bryant during a press conference to officially introduce him as the newest member of the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Traded by the Houston Rockets to the Los Angeles Lakers a couple of weeks ago, Lin became the latest acquisition for the purple-and-gold franchise, which also gets the service of Carlos Boozer, Julius Randle and Ed Davis this summer.
The 25-year old point guard has expressed his excitement to be part of the Lakers after two seasons with the Rockets. When asked if Bryant already reached out to him, Lin admitted that the Lakers star already did text him and it's about the heavy workload ahead for the team next season.
"We'd exchange texts," Lin said on Bryant's message. "I was in Shanghai at the time, we've talked a little bit here or there. The one thing he told me is we have a lot of work to do and I think that's 100 percent accurate. As long as we come in with that mindset of really having to work and earn everything, I think we'll be okay.
Lin averaged 12 points and 4 dimes, while shooting 44.6 percent from the field (35.8 percent from beyond the arc) and 82.3 percent from the free-throw line in a backup role last season. General manager Mitch Kupchak, who admitted that he tried to bring the former Harvard guard to Hollywood twice in the past, is very confident Lin will contribute solid numbers for the Lakers next season.
"The first thing I said to him when he sat down was, 'You know, three times is a charm," Kupchack said of conversation with Lin.
Lin said he feels blessed to play with great scorers such as New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, Rockets guard James Harden and Bryant. He added that his chemistry with the Lakers stars is going to be great, as he looks forward to learn from a player who has won multiple championships during the course of his career.
Moreover, he also wants to know Bryant's workout routine, knowing he's one of the league's hard-working stars in the league.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border