Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
By Lou Imperial | July 25, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Jeremy Lin revealed that he had exchanged text with superstar Kobe Bryant during a press conference to officially introduce him as the newest member of the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Traded by the Houston Rockets to the Los Angeles Lakers a couple of weeks ago, Lin became the latest acquisition for the purple-and-gold franchise, which also gets the service of Carlos Boozer, Julius Randle and Ed Davis this summer.
The 25-year old point guard has expressed his excitement to be part of the Lakers after two seasons with the Rockets. When asked if Bryant already reached out to him, Lin admitted that the Lakers star already did text him and it's about the heavy workload ahead for the team next season.
"We'd exchange texts," Lin said on Bryant's message. "I was in Shanghai at the time, we've talked a little bit here or there. The one thing he told me is we have a lot of work to do and I think that's 100 percent accurate. As long as we come in with that mindset of really having to work and earn everything, I think we'll be okay.
Lin averaged 12 points and 4 dimes, while shooting 44.6 percent from the field (35.8 percent from beyond the arc) and 82.3 percent from the free-throw line in a backup role last season. General manager Mitch Kupchak, who admitted that he tried to bring the former Harvard guard to Hollywood twice in the past, is very confident Lin will contribute solid numbers for the Lakers next season.
"The first thing I said to him when he sat down was, 'You know, three times is a charm," Kupchack said of conversation with Lin.
Lin said he feels blessed to play with great scorers such as New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, Rockets guard James Harden and Bryant. He added that his chemistry with the Lakers stars is going to be great, as he looks forward to learn from a player who has won multiple championships during the course of his career.
Moreover, he also wants to know Bryant's workout routine, knowing he's one of the league's hard-working stars in the league.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar