Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
By Lou Imperial | July 25, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Jeremy Lin revealed that he had exchanged text with superstar Kobe Bryant during a press conference to officially introduce him as the newest member of the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Traded by the Houston Rockets to the Los Angeles Lakers a couple of weeks ago, Lin became the latest acquisition for the purple-and-gold franchise, which also gets the service of Carlos Boozer, Julius Randle and Ed Davis this summer.
The 25-year old point guard has expressed his excitement to be part of the Lakers after two seasons with the Rockets. When asked if Bryant already reached out to him, Lin admitted that the Lakers star already did text him and it's about the heavy workload ahead for the team next season.
"We'd exchange texts," Lin said on Bryant's message. "I was in Shanghai at the time, we've talked a little bit here or there. The one thing he told me is we have a lot of work to do and I think that's 100 percent accurate. As long as we come in with that mindset of really having to work and earn everything, I think we'll be okay.
Lin averaged 12 points and 4 dimes, while shooting 44.6 percent from the field (35.8 percent from beyond the arc) and 82.3 percent from the free-throw line in a backup role last season. General manager Mitch Kupchak, who admitted that he tried to bring the former Harvard guard to Hollywood twice in the past, is very confident Lin will contribute solid numbers for the Lakers next season.
"The first thing I said to him when he sat down was, 'You know, three times is a charm," Kupchack said of conversation with Lin.
Lin said he feels blessed to play with great scorers such as New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, Rockets guard James Harden and Bryant. He added that his chemistry with the Lakers stars is going to be great, as he looks forward to learn from a player who has won multiple championships during the course of his career.
Moreover, he also wants to know Bryant's workout routine, knowing he's one of the league's hard-working stars in the league.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories