Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
By Lou Imperial | July 25, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Jeremy Lin revealed that he had exchanged text with superstar Kobe Bryant during a press conference to officially introduce him as the newest member of the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Traded by the Houston Rockets to the Los Angeles Lakers a couple of weeks ago, Lin became the latest acquisition for the purple-and-gold franchise, which also gets the service of Carlos Boozer, Julius Randle and Ed Davis this summer.
The 25-year old point guard has expressed his excitement to be part of the Lakers after two seasons with the Rockets. When asked if Bryant already reached out to him, Lin admitted that the Lakers star already did text him and it's about the heavy workload ahead for the team next season.
"We'd exchange texts," Lin said on Bryant's message. "I was in Shanghai at the time, we've talked a little bit here or there. The one thing he told me is we have a lot of work to do and I think that's 100 percent accurate. As long as we come in with that mindset of really having to work and earn everything, I think we'll be okay.
Lin averaged 12 points and 4 dimes, while shooting 44.6 percent from the field (35.8 percent from beyond the arc) and 82.3 percent from the free-throw line in a backup role last season. General manager Mitch Kupchak, who admitted that he tried to bring the former Harvard guard to Hollywood twice in the past, is very confident Lin will contribute solid numbers for the Lakers next season.
"The first thing I said to him when he sat down was, 'You know, three times is a charm," Kupchack said of conversation with Lin.
Lin said he feels blessed to play with great scorers such as New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, Rockets guard James Harden and Bryant. He added that his chemistry with the Lakers stars is going to be great, as he looks forward to learn from a player who has won multiple championships during the course of his career.
Moreover, he also wants to know Bryant's workout routine, knowing he's one of the league's hard-working stars in the league.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]