Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose Will Dominate in Return – Taj Gibson
By Lou Imperial | July 25, 2014 8:28 PM EST
Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose has been training hard to get back to shape after another season-ending knee injury last season. Teammate Taj Gibson thinks he's going to be dominant next season.
NBA: Playoffs-Chicago Bulls at Washington Wizards
Rose, who suffered a torn MCL in his right knee 10 games into the 2013-14 season, is reportedly working hard in the Bulls training facility in Chicago. The Bulls have been adding talents this offseason to boost their championship bid next year, but Rose is seen as a key cog to success for many NBA analyst.
In an interview with Nick Friedell of ESPN Chicago, Gibson said the former MVP is doing fine in his rehabilitations and seems to have already recaptured his dominant self.
"Derrick's been having a great summer. He's sacrificed, stayed in Chicago all summer to work on his game. He wants to let his game speak for itself," Gibson told ESPN.
"He's staying away from all the negative stuff, just working on his game. Every day I go in the gym he's there and moving forward. He's going to come back dominant."
The 25-year old Rose averaged 15.9 points, 3.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists last season with the Bulls. Prior to his MCL injury, he sat down the entire 2012-13 season to spend more time in rehabilitating a surgically-repaired ACL in his left knee.
USA Basketball has already selected Rose to take part in the upcoming FIBA World Cup in 2014. USA Today Sports Sam Amick believed the Bulls star is on his way to join the likes of Kevin Durant, Kevin Love and Stephen Curry as the Americans look to defend their titles against the best hoops teams in the world in Spain.
"With healthy players like Aldridge and Griffin pulling out in order to focus on their forthcoming NBA seasons, the silver lining for Team USA is that Derrick Rose remains on track to take part," Amick stated in his report.
Meanwhile, Gibson has expressed his optimism about the Bulls' chances next season following the acquisition Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Doug McDermott and Aaron Brooks. Gibson thinks Gasol will provide more depth and give head coach Tom Thibodeau more option in their towering frontline.
For more Derrick Rose return news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery