Sherlock: Watch Benedict Cumberbatch’s Wolf in The Penguins of Madagascar, Season 4 Premiere Date Update [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 25, 2014 7:04 PM EST
"Sherlock" actor Benedict Cumberbatch reportedly charmed his audience at Comic-Con. This was Cumberbatch's first appearance at the event. The actor, however, did not attend to talk about Sherlock Holmes and spill spoilers about "Sherlock" Season 4. He was there as part of DreamWorks Animation panel to talk about the upcoming animation movie, "The Penguins of Madagascar," the next instalment of the Madagascar series.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
The lissome actor has given voice to the character of the wolf in "The Penguins of Madagascar." Cumberbatch's wolf is a team leader of the North Wind.
The actor joked that he went "undercover at Yellowstone National," to prepare for the role, according to The Hollywood Reporter. THR reports that the talented actor also "recounted how he ended up being an alpha in the pack and how Christian Bale and Daniel Day-Lewis were also undercover as wolves."
He also revealed at the comic-con that he had to learn to "not stay static," and to "move his body" while doing the voice-work, THR reports.
"The Penguins of Madagascar" is scheduled to hit the screens on November 26, 2014. In addition to Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom McGrath, Chris Miller, John DiMaggio,Christopher Knights, Ken Jeong, and John Malkovich also have given their voices.
Meanwhile, there is much speculation about when Cumberbatch's hugely popular T.V. series, "Sherlock" Season 4, is going to premiere. Cumberbatch is expected to begin filming a special episode of "Sherlock," early next year. And, later return to the set, again in 2015, to shoot the three episodes of Season 4.
"Sherlock" airs on PBS in the U.S. BBC has the first right to premiere the show. Recently, Paula Kerger, president and CEO at PBS, told the press, as quoted by Zap2it, "It's an amazing series [Sherlock]. If you've seen the past seasons, you know that it's shot beautifully and with talent that has now become very popular, so they're navigating around making sure they can get a window to [film] "Sherlock"."
Speaking about when Season 4 will premiere on PBS, Kerger said that as it is coming to them from their partners in the UK, they "have to wait to know when it'll be finished, when it'll be available."
Zap2it also quoted Kerger as saying, "We'll be watching for it and putting it in a great slot in the schedule. Of course it's more complicated if you can't plan further out of where you would schedule a program like that. But we're happy -- whenever it comes, we'll put it in a wonderful place."
She believes that the upcoming, new season of "Sherlock" will be "terrific."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28