ZTE Olympia Headed for T-Mobile: New Android Smart Phone Has Five Fresh Features
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 25, 2014 5:52 PM EST
Chinese multinational telecommunications ZTE is reportedly on its final stages for the release of its next flagship phone ZTE Olympia. A Twitter post from serial tipster @evleaks stated that the smart phone is undergoing testing at T-Mobile. The post was accompanied with a picture of the smart gadget.
Although the device is largely a mystery, words recently spread over the internet that specs of ZTE Olympia leak online. The gadget which carries the model number Z970 gives smart phone users with bird's eye view on what features the new smart phone will bring upon its rumoured market release date.
Here are five fresh features to wait on ZTE Olympia:
According to an article from Phone Arena, the ZTE Olympia will have a multi-touch 6-inch display which is large makes the smart phone land in the phablet category. It will feature light sensor, proximity sensor, scratch-resistant glass although it is still not clear whether the gadget's screen will be made up of LCD or AMOLED based. The phablet's screen resolution is still a mystery up to now.
Picture Perfect Camera
GSM Arena cited that ZTE Olympia will sport an 8-megapixel rear facing camera with a 1080 pixels video recording capability. There is also a 0.9-megapixel front facing camera so smart phone users who are fond of taking selfies and snapshots will have countless hours of picture taking sessions.
Tmonews.com cited that ZTE Olympia will run on the Android 4.4.2 operating system. Given this updated OS, smart phone users can expect a more polished design and better performance from their devices. They can also listen to music while browsing the internet and perform multi-tasking activities from their gadget.
Long Lasting Battery
The same source stated above also mentioned that the battery of ZTE Olympia lasted throughout the entire day on a single charge. Although the battery was not removable and could not be seen, the Web site speculated that it could be around 3000 mAh.
T-Mobile Apps Included
Since ZTE Olympia is headed for T-Mobile, GSM Arena also mentioned that T-Mobil apps such as MyApp, T-Mobile Hotspot, and Visual Voicemail are already pre-installed in the package. The Android smart phone also allows Wi-Fi calling which can be found at the Settings menu. Of course, a T-Mobile logo is prominently displayed in the smart phone's casing.
The features mentioned above make smart phone users enthusiastic to wait on ZTE's next flagship phone.
Read the tweet below:
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around