ZTE Olympia Headed for T-Mobile: New Android Smart Phone Has Five Fresh Features
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 25, 2014 5:52 PM EST
Chinese multinational telecommunications ZTE is reportedly on its final stages for the release of its next flagship phone ZTE Olympia. A Twitter post from serial tipster @evleaks stated that the smart phone is undergoing testing at T-Mobile. The post was accompanied with a picture of the smart gadget.
Although the device is largely a mystery, words recently spread over the internet that specs of ZTE Olympia leak online. The gadget which carries the model number Z970 gives smart phone users with bird's eye view on what features the new smart phone will bring upon its rumoured market release date.
Here are five fresh features to wait on ZTE Olympia:
According to an article from Phone Arena, the ZTE Olympia will have a multi-touch 6-inch display which is large makes the smart phone land in the phablet category. It will feature light sensor, proximity sensor, scratch-resistant glass although it is still not clear whether the gadget's screen will be made up of LCD or AMOLED based. The phablet's screen resolution is still a mystery up to now.
Picture Perfect Camera
GSM Arena cited that ZTE Olympia will sport an 8-megapixel rear facing camera with a 1080 pixels video recording capability. There is also a 0.9-megapixel front facing camera so smart phone users who are fond of taking selfies and snapshots will have countless hours of picture taking sessions.
Tmonews.com cited that ZTE Olympia will run on the Android 4.4.2 operating system. Given this updated OS, smart phone users can expect a more polished design and better performance from their devices. They can also listen to music while browsing the internet and perform multi-tasking activities from their gadget.
Long Lasting Battery
The same source stated above also mentioned that the battery of ZTE Olympia lasted throughout the entire day on a single charge. Although the battery was not removable and could not be seen, the Web site speculated that it could be around 3000 mAh.
T-Mobile Apps Included
Since ZTE Olympia is headed for T-Mobile, GSM Arena also mentioned that T-Mobil apps such as MyApp, T-Mobile Hotspot, and Visual Voicemail are already pre-installed in the package. The Android smart phone also allows Wi-Fi calling which can be found at the Settings menu. Of course, a T-Mobile logo is prominently displayed in the smart phone's casing.
The features mentioned above make smart phone users enthusiastic to wait on ZTE's next flagship phone.
Read the tweet below:
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional