The Big Bang Theory Lead Actor Takes-Up New Role, Season 8 Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 25, 2014 4:18 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" actress Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy, the socially-awkward girlfriend of quirky Sheldon, is set to star in "Candid Camera." She is, however, not quitting CBS's sitcom to be a co-host on TV Land's show.
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) reports that Bialik will co-host along with show's longtime host, Peter Funt. Peter is the son of Allen Funt, the creator and the original host of "Candid Camera." This series, which made its debut way back in 1948, is scheduled to make a come-back on Aug. 11, 2014, with 10 episodes. "Candid Camera," according to THR, ran over the years in various "incarnations," with different hosts, till 2004. It is being revived, again.
"I am very excited to be working with TV Land, Electus and the legendary Peter Funt on the newest incarnation of the original feel-good reality show, "Candid Camera"," Bialik said, as quoted by THR. "Since I was a child, I have found it impossible to not smile when I hear, 'Smile! You're on Candid Camera!' and I am honoured and tickled pink to get to be a part of this amazing franchise."
Bialik recently earned her second Emmy nomination. She has been nominated in the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series category.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 Update:
The talented actress will soon begin filming Season 8 of "The Big Bang Theory," which is slated to begin on July 31. The Season 7 wrapped-up with Amy hitting Leonard, because he did not stop Sheldon from going away.
Overwhelmed with everything that was happening around him and in his life, Sheldon decided to board a train and exit Pasadena. He sounded happy when he called-up Amy, from his new location, and which made her hit Leonard.
It is not yet revealed where did Sheldon go, or if he never left Pasadena. According to Chuck Lorre, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," the characters, including Sheldon, will continue to grow in the new season.
"These characters, as they grow, they deal with more things [in Season 8]. Sheldon has grown unbelievably over seven years from where we began. We could never have imagined the stories we've been doing in the past year or so six years ago," Lorre said to the press at TCA, as quoted by THR.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border