The Big Bang Theory Lead Actor Takes-Up New Role, Season 8 Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 25, 2014 4:18 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" actress Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy, the socially-awkward girlfriend of quirky Sheldon, is set to star in "Candid Camera." She is, however, not quitting CBS's sitcom to be a co-host on TV Land's show.
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) reports that Bialik will co-host along with show's longtime host, Peter Funt. Peter is the son of Allen Funt, the creator and the original host of "Candid Camera." This series, which made its debut way back in 1948, is scheduled to make a come-back on Aug. 11, 2014, with 10 episodes. "Candid Camera," according to THR, ran over the years in various "incarnations," with different hosts, till 2004. It is being revived, again.
"I am very excited to be working with TV Land, Electus and the legendary Peter Funt on the newest incarnation of the original feel-good reality show, "Candid Camera"," Bialik said, as quoted by THR. "Since I was a child, I have found it impossible to not smile when I hear, 'Smile! You're on Candid Camera!' and I am honoured and tickled pink to get to be a part of this amazing franchise."
Bialik recently earned her second Emmy nomination. She has been nominated in the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series category.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 Update:
The talented actress will soon begin filming Season 8 of "The Big Bang Theory," which is slated to begin on July 31. The Season 7 wrapped-up with Amy hitting Leonard, because he did not stop Sheldon from going away.
Overwhelmed with everything that was happening around him and in his life, Sheldon decided to board a train and exit Pasadena. He sounded happy when he called-up Amy, from his new location, and which made her hit Leonard.
It is not yet revealed where did Sheldon go, or if he never left Pasadena. According to Chuck Lorre, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," the characters, including Sheldon, will continue to grow in the new season.
"These characters, as they grow, they deal with more things [in Season 8]. Sheldon has grown unbelievably over seven years from where we began. We could never have imagined the stories we've been doing in the past year or so six years ago," Lorre said to the press at TCA, as quoted by THR.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video