Ellen DeGeneres Pulled Strings to Land Portia de Rossi A Role in 'Scandal' - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 25, 2014 3:59 PM EST
The world now knows Portia de Rossi is set to have a top secret arc on Scandal, thanks to Ellen DeGeneres, who herself tweeted about the news. It is quite obvious that Ellen is very proud of her wife for being casted into this top-rated show, but could it be possible that she's also proud of herself? New report says that she might have a hand in Portia's casting!
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
News broke out that Portia de Rossi is finally putting her acting chops to good use once again, no less from Ellen DeGeneres herself. And it is not just an ordinary show either. It's "Scandal," one of the hottest shows on TV these days. The show will be entering its 4th season soon so it's timely to add a new cast member.
Ellen shared the he news by tweeting, "So annoying when people brag on twitter & that's why I'm not tweeting that Portia just signed on to do a top secret arc on "Scandal". Oops."
This could all be Portia's own doing, probably catching the eye of the show's producer and writer with her performance in "Arrested Development".
However, Celeb Dirty Laundry is claiming that Ellen DeGeneres pulled some strings to land Portia de Rossi on the job. The gossip site reports that this is highly plausible considering how well known Ellen is around Hollywood and all the networks she has. Certainly, Ellen will do everything to get Portia's life back on track and probably, get her so busy that her insecurities will just vanish. If Portia is not so insecure anymore and has a regular job, they would not fight so much anymore and they can avoid a divorce. After all, they still love each other so much, despite al their misunderstandings.
This might also be Ellen's way to stop Portia from whining about a baby. Radar Online claims Portia is increasingly becoming serious about having a baby with Ellen DeGeneres even though the talk show host is still not budging on her decision not to have one.
Portia has been pulling all the stops that she could to convince Ellen that there's nothing to fear about being a mom.
"Portia made a video montage of Ellen with kids she's interviewed over the years . . . It really choked Ellen up," the insider said to Radar Online. "Portia hugged her, whispering 'You'd be the best mother ever. She thinks a child will bond her and Ellen forever."
Now that Portia will be busier with her work for "Scandal," maybe baby thoughts will be pushed towards the recesses of her mind.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery