Prince Harry Hates Twitter But Will Tweet for Invictus Games, 30th Birthday Plans Revealed
By Riza Ornos | July 25, 2014 3:55 PM EST
While meeting with teenagers at Bethnal Green Academy in east London on Monday, July 21, Prince Harry revealed that he "hates" Twitter in front of 60 "digital media champions" lined up to promote the upcoming September's Invictus Game. The bachelor prince regards messages and pictures posted on social networking sites as an invasion of his privacy during an impromptu Q&A.
Britain's Prince Harry, accompanied by Sao Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad, visits Sao Paulo's Luz neighborhood known to locals as Cracolandia (Crackland), in Sao Paulo, June 26, 2014 .
'I would love to get involved and go on social media and if it was for causes like this I really would," he said when asked if he would be tweeting during the games which is scheduled to take place in London. The red headed royal is always been vocal about his anger the way social media invades his privacy outside his official engagements where pictures are made public on the internet.
"The issue for myself and my family, put quite simply, is that it's very hard for me to tweet about the Invictus Games and tweet about something that means a lot to me, whereas I at the same time really quite hate Twitter by the invasion of privacy. I think you all understand what I'm talking about," he added in an interview posted on Daily Mail.
The fourth in line to the throne was in London to meet 60 cyber whiz students from six London schools taking classes to Bethnal Green Academy on how to use Twitter, Facebook and other Web sites as they prepare for the Invictus Game. Scheduled to kick off on Sept. 10 to 14 at the Olympic Park, the game will feature 400 wounded servicemen and women coming from 14 countries competing in everything from volleyball to archery.
"For me this is an opportunity for the British public to say thank you to these people from across the world for their service," the 29-year-old Prince revealed as he spearheaded the upcoming event. You only hear about the guys who die, you never hear about the injuries. So to give this opportunity to all these guys who have been injured and managed to survive thanks to the amazing medical care we have nowadays, I think that's a really powerful message to send to everybody. Some of them shouldn't be alive but they are."
Currently single and fresh from his break-up to ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas, Harry will soon be celebrating his 30th birthday on Sept. 15 after the Invictus Game. Vanity Fair's royal correspondent Katie Nicholl revealed that Prince William and Kate Middleton will be in charge of the celebrations and planning for grown-up party complete with dinner in the palace.
Guy Pelly, Harry's bestfriend, is also planning for a separate party for the prince and offered to throw a party at Sloane Square hot spot Tonteria. But he is not allowed to stay after 10:30 P.M. because September is all about the Invictus Game and he doesn't want to overshadow the event.
The highly anticipated game will finish the day before Harry's birthday, a perfect time for him to celebrate and let off a bit of steam.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks