Winds of Winter Spoilers: Stannis Baratheon – Fans’ Expectations
By Sachin Trivedi | July 25, 2014 3:37 PM EST
The wait for the release date of "Winds of Winter" is now in its third year. Many impatient fans have come online to share their theories about what the author, George R. R. Martin, has planned in the next book. Here is a look at some of the predictions for Stannis.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
Two big battles were left in cliffhangers in the previous book "A Dance with Dragons." The book was released in 2011. The battles involving Stannis and Daenerys are expected to feature early on in "Winds of Winter."
So far things have been taking dramatic turns for Stannis. When faced with the almost impossible task of defeating his brother's armies he used Melisandre's magic to get rid of him. In what was supposed to be a thumping victory turned out to be a humiliating defeat at the Battle of the Blackwater.
Things now look good for Stannis after getting the backing of the Iron Bank and having a large number of the Free Folk to recruit into his army. He will have to fight a difficult battle against the Boltons in "Winds of Winter."
Stannis Baratheon is one character that many fans do not expect to die in "Winds of Winter." But the character has placed himself between a rock and a hard place by going to the north. Getting the defenses of The Wall ready and fighting the eventual onslaught of the White Walkers may win him the hearts of the people in Westeros but not necessarily the Iron Throne.
The Iron Born have been constantly fighting to break away from the North. The lands south of the Stark Kingdom are mostly controlled by the Lannisters. Stannis may have little choice but hold his ground and try to survive the winter.
Some of the fans at the A Song of Ice and Fire forum believe that Stannis will win the upcoming battle with the Boltons. Fans also expect him to deliver justice to the people of the North by punishing the Boltons and the Freys for betraying the Starks at the Red Wedding.
Some of the fans also point to the vision Daenerys Targaryen had about defeating the "blue eyed king." Some of the fans believe this to be Stannis and expect a major battle between Daenerys and Stannis much later in the story. For that to happen however Stannis will have to survive the "Winds of Winter." Please post your theories in the comments section below.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports