Michael Jordan's Last Contract with Chicago Bulls Up For Bidding
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 25, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Eleven years after His Airness played his last professional game in the NBA, fans are still on the lookout for any grasp at his greatness. They will have chance soon.
Devotees will be able to purchase the final $33 million dollar contract of arguably the greatest player to play the game of basketball as it goes on auction. This is the final piece of document that links Jordan with the storied Chicago Bullswhich was signed by both parties prior to the 1997-1998 season.
The contract's auction process is being handled by Heritage Auctions which places the value of the material at $30,000. Interested parties may only submit their bid up to next week with ESPn.com reporting that the submitted bids have already surpassed $32,000. The Heritage's director of sports auctions, Chris Ivy told the media that the document is the only playing contract of His Airness to be auctioned off out to the public.
"It's hard to compare this to anything we've sold," Heritage director of sports auctions Chris Ivy told ESPN.com. "It's Jordan, who is in a class by himself, and, to our knowledge, this is the only Jordan playing contract to ever surface."
Given the behavior of bids, experts estimate that the final purchasing bid may reach up to six figures. Amongst it specific features are the specimen signature of Michael Jordan himself and Chicago Bulls general manager Jerry Krause.
Jordan won six championships with his tenure with the Bulls, both three-peats and then retired for a second time. He made a comeback with much fanfare in 2001 to the Washington Wizards before finally hanging up the shoelaces in 2003.
He is now currently the principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets and focuses on improving upon the first round exit the organization suffered from the hands of the Eastern conference champions Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid