Michael Jordan's Last Contract with Chicago Bulls Up For Bidding
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 25, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Eleven years after His Airness played his last professional game in the NBA, fans are still on the lookout for any grasp at his greatness. They will have chance soon.
Devotees will be able to purchase the final $33 million dollar contract of arguably the greatest player to play the game of basketball as it goes on auction. This is the final piece of document that links Jordan with the storied Chicago Bullswhich was signed by both parties prior to the 1997-1998 season.
The contract's auction process is being handled by Heritage Auctions which places the value of the material at $30,000. Interested parties may only submit their bid up to next week with ESPn.com reporting that the submitted bids have already surpassed $32,000. The Heritage's director of sports auctions, Chris Ivy told the media that the document is the only playing contract of His Airness to be auctioned off out to the public.
"It's hard to compare this to anything we've sold," Heritage director of sports auctions Chris Ivy told ESPN.com. "It's Jordan, who is in a class by himself, and, to our knowledge, this is the only Jordan playing contract to ever surface."
Given the behavior of bids, experts estimate that the final purchasing bid may reach up to six figures. Amongst it specific features are the specimen signature of Michael Jordan himself and Chicago Bulls general manager Jerry Krause.
Jordan won six championships with his tenure with the Bulls, both three-peats and then retired for a second time. He made a comeback with much fanfare in 2001 to the Washington Wizards before finally hanging up the shoelaces in 2003.
He is now currently the principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets and focuses on improving upon the first round exit the organization suffered from the hands of the Eastern conference champions Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money