Michael Jordan's Last Contract with Chicago Bulls Up For Bidding
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 25, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Eleven years after His Airness played his last professional game in the NBA, fans are still on the lookout for any grasp at his greatness. They will have chance soon.
Devotees will be able to purchase the final $33 million dollar contract of arguably the greatest player to play the game of basketball as it goes on auction. This is the final piece of document that links Jordan with the storied Chicago Bullswhich was signed by both parties prior to the 1997-1998 season.
The contract's auction process is being handled by Heritage Auctions which places the value of the material at $30,000. Interested parties may only submit their bid up to next week with ESPn.com reporting that the submitted bids have already surpassed $32,000. The Heritage's director of sports auctions, Chris Ivy told the media that the document is the only playing contract of His Airness to be auctioned off out to the public.
"It's hard to compare this to anything we've sold," Heritage director of sports auctions Chris Ivy told ESPN.com. "It's Jordan, who is in a class by himself, and, to our knowledge, this is the only Jordan playing contract to ever surface."
Given the behavior of bids, experts estimate that the final purchasing bid may reach up to six figures. Amongst it specific features are the specimen signature of Michael Jordan himself and Chicago Bulls general manager Jerry Krause.
Jordan won six championships with his tenure with the Bulls, both three-peats and then retired for a second time. He made a comeback with much fanfare in 2001 to the Washington Wizards before finally hanging up the shoelaces in 2003.
He is now currently the principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets and focuses on improving upon the first round exit the organization suffered from the hands of the Eastern conference champions Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners