Michael Jordan's Last Contract with Chicago Bulls Up For Bidding
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 25, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Eleven years after His Airness played his last professional game in the NBA, fans are still on the lookout for any grasp at his greatness. They will have chance soon.
Devotees will be able to purchase the final $33 million dollar contract of arguably the greatest player to play the game of basketball as it goes on auction. This is the final piece of document that links Jordan with the storied Chicago Bullswhich was signed by both parties prior to the 1997-1998 season.
The contract's auction process is being handled by Heritage Auctions which places the value of the material at $30,000. Interested parties may only submit their bid up to next week with ESPn.com reporting that the submitted bids have already surpassed $32,000. The Heritage's director of sports auctions, Chris Ivy told the media that the document is the only playing contract of His Airness to be auctioned off out to the public.
"It's hard to compare this to anything we've sold," Heritage director of sports auctions Chris Ivy told ESPN.com. "It's Jordan, who is in a class by himself, and, to our knowledge, this is the only Jordan playing contract to ever surface."
Given the behavior of bids, experts estimate that the final purchasing bid may reach up to six figures. Amongst it specific features are the specimen signature of Michael Jordan himself and Chicago Bulls general manager Jerry Krause.
Jordan won six championships with his tenure with the Bulls, both three-peats and then retired for a second time. He made a comeback with much fanfare in 2001 to the Washington Wizards before finally hanging up the shoelaces in 2003.
He is now currently the principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets and focuses on improving upon the first round exit the organization suffered from the hands of the Eastern conference champions Miami Heat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’