Nvidia Launches the Ultimate Tablet for Gamers
By Karen Wong | July 25, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Nvidia Corp., an American global technology company, releases its ultimate tablet for gamers—the Shield tablet last Tuesday.
Nvidia's Shield portable game console is a more powerful gaming device that was built with Nvidia's fastest mobile processor and unbeatable tablet graphics, video and audio.
A man tries to get connected to the youtube web site with his tablet at a cafe in Istanbul March 27, 2014.
It is run by Nvidia Tegra K1 mobile processor and gets three times more performance with Nvidia Kepler—"the world's fastest and most efficient high performance computing architecture." Shield also makes us of a custom engineered thermal system.
"The Nvidia Shield tablet delivers the perfect mix of power, portability, and performance", said Nvidia in its official Web site.
Tegra K1 is the first-ever console-class mobile processor that supports PC gaming technologies such as DirectX 12 and OpenGL 4.4.
Nvidia is known for manufacturing high quality GPU products labeled as GeForce. It offers the best gaming computer supports for gamers. Combining the GPU products and gaming, it has come up with powerful high-performance gaming gadgets such as the Shield portable game console, the Shield tablet's predecessor.
Nvidia lists the tablet as having an 8-inch 1,920 x 1,200 multi-touch full HD display with 5-MP front and rear cameras. It features front-facing stereo speakers that provide users a clear and crisp sound. The sound system has a dual bass reflex port with a built-in microphone. The Shield tablet is available in two different storage capacities: the 32 GB Shield tablet which has Wi-Fi and 4G LTE and the 16 GB Shield Tablet which only has the Wi-Fi connection available.
Shield wireless controllers are also available for a more convenient gaming experience together with the GPU-accelerated NVIDIA DirectStylus™ 2, an advance and responsive stylus which gives users a more artistic experience.
"The SHIELD tablet delivers everything you need to get the most from your games, movies, and apps," says Nvidia.
According to NDTV, the Shield tablet allows gamers to play Android games, as the tablet is based on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. It also allows users to stream games from PC or from Nvidia Cloud.
The Nvidia Shield tablet is available at about AU$320 for the 16 GB model and around AU$420 for the 32 GB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS