Andy Murray Back in Miami after Losing to Grigor Dimitrov in Wimbledon
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 25, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Andy Murray is determined to bounce back as he is heading for training in Miami following a short break after he was beaten by Grigor Dimitrov in Wimbledon quarter-final straight sets.
Amelie Mauresmo, newly appointed coach of Britain's Andy Murray, laughs during a training sesssion with Murray at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Rafael Nadal Romantic Ibiza Trip with Girlfriend Xisca Perello After His Early Fourth Round Exit at Wimbledon to Nick Kyrgios
Serena Williams to Play at Standford's Bank of West Classic on July 30, Wimbledon Champion Petra Kvitova Withdraws
The Bulgarian reached his first Grand Slam semi-final and outplayed Andy Murray to win 6-1 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 in two hours and a minute, which ended the Briton's Wimbledon title defence.
Grigor Dimitrov's victory led 27-year old Andy Murray's elimination in the Wimbledon quarter-finals, which dropped his ranking to 10th in the world.
Murray's lost was attributed to a poor start that gave confidence to the Bulgarian later in the game.
"I should have done a better job at the beginning of the match of making it tougher for him, and I didn't manage to do that," Murray claimed.
It appears that Dimitrov's confidence grew from the opening four-minute test and after Murray started to commit18 errors to just five from Dimitrov.
"Today was one of those days when I was pretty steady for the whole match and came out the winner," Dimitrov said.
He also claimed that it was a tough endeavour to face someone you know too well outside the court.
After his Wimbledon disappointment, Andy Murray is already preparing for the U.S. Open, which will commence on August 25 in New York.
Despite his untimely exit form Wimbledon earlier this month, the world no. 10 will be continuing his ground-breaking coaching arrangement with French Amelie Mauresmo. Andy Murray is set to continue his partnership with his coach in spite of the disappointing end to his Wimbledon title defence.
Andy Murray is already more than a week into his training block in Miami with the former women's number 1 as he prepares for the hard court events leading to the U.S Open next month.
According to the world no. 10 Facebook photos, he is working out in the foreground with physio Mark Bender and Murray's physical conditioner Jez Green supervised while he carried out some repetitions on the leg press.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date