Andy Murray Back in Miami after Losing to Grigor Dimitrov in Wimbledon
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 25, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Andy Murray is determined to bounce back as he is heading for training in Miami following a short break after he was beaten by Grigor Dimitrov in Wimbledon quarter-final straight sets.
Amelie Mauresmo, newly appointed coach of Britain's Andy Murray, laughs during a training sesssion with Murray at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
Rafael Nadal Romantic Ibiza Trip with Girlfriend Xisca Perello After His Early Fourth Round Exit at Wimbledon to Nick Kyrgios
Serena Williams to Play at Standford's Bank of West Classic on July 30, Wimbledon Champion Petra Kvitova Withdraws
The Bulgarian reached his first Grand Slam semi-final and outplayed Andy Murray to win 6-1 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 in two hours and a minute, which ended the Briton's Wimbledon title defence.
Grigor Dimitrov's victory led 27-year old Andy Murray's elimination in the Wimbledon quarter-finals, which dropped his ranking to 10th in the world.
Murray's lost was attributed to a poor start that gave confidence to the Bulgarian later in the game.
"I should have done a better job at the beginning of the match of making it tougher for him, and I didn't manage to do that," Murray claimed.
It appears that Dimitrov's confidence grew from the opening four-minute test and after Murray started to commit18 errors to just five from Dimitrov.
"Today was one of those days when I was pretty steady for the whole match and came out the winner," Dimitrov said.
He also claimed that it was a tough endeavour to face someone you know too well outside the court.
After his Wimbledon disappointment, Andy Murray is already preparing for the U.S. Open, which will commence on August 25 in New York.
Despite his untimely exit form Wimbledon earlier this month, the world no. 10 will be continuing his ground-breaking coaching arrangement with French Amelie Mauresmo. Andy Murray is set to continue his partnership with his coach in spite of the disappointing end to his Wimbledon title defence.
Andy Murray is already more than a week into his training block in Miami with the former women's number 1 as he prepares for the hard court events leading to the U.S Open next month.
According to the world no. 10 Facebook photos, he is working out in the foreground with physio Mark Bender and Murray's physical conditioner Jez Green supervised while he carried out some repetitions on the leg press.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery