Criminal Minds Season 10 Teases Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Role and a New Footage from Shemar Moore
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Criminal Minds Season 10 is well underway with shooting, after announcing to fans that Jennifer Love Hewitt will be joining the cast as a replacement for Jeanne Tripplehorn's character Alex Blake.
In Criminal Minds Season 9 finale, there was a surprising and quiet departure by one of the team's mainstay casts, where Blake had left the team silently, with resident genius Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) being her last point of contact in the team onscreen.
There has been a buzz about how Hewitt will be joining the team. Considering the many departures of mainstays -- Elle Greenaway (Lola Glaudini), Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewster) and now Blake, all of whom have surprisingly similar looks and roles in the team -- Hewitt's character may be the first real break away from the string of brunettes who are filling the vacant role as investigator in the show.
In an interview with TV Line, show runner Erica Messer offers a bit of a clue on just how different Hewitt, who will take on the role as Kate Callahan, will be for Criminal Minds Season 10.
The BAU team will apparently encounter FBI agent Callahan on a smooching scene with a bad guy as they are working undercover to catch the pedophile.
"We've never seen our team pretend to like a criminal, so right off the bat she's different in that way," said Messer.
More News from Shemar Moore
Criminal Minds resident tough-but-nice guy Derek Morgan (played by Shemar Moore) has shared a recent tweet, which features a quick glimpse at one scene in an upcoming episode for the 10th season:
— Shemar Moore (@shemarmoore) July 22, 2014
Without specifying which episode the scene will be, Moore teases that "Derek Morgan is not Playing!" along with the hashtag "#ChasingDownPunks." It seems that Criminal Minds Season 10 will see a lot of kicking and taking down the bad guys-and main man Derek Morgan will be at the front of it.
A New Bad Guy Revealed
If those new clues and footage are not enough, Digital Spy has also found that Kerr Smith, who has been a veteran of long-running drama "Dawson's Creek" will be playing a bad guy in Criminal Minds Season 10.
Smith will be one of the creepier unsubs this season, as he takes on the role of a collector of human limbs, going by the name of Frank Cowles.
There are no details yet on which episode he will be donning the creepy unsub mask, but Criminal Minds Season 10 is set to debut on October 1 on CBS.
Read more news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop