Criminal Minds Season 10 Teases Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Role and a New Footage from Shemar Moore
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Criminal Minds Season 10 is well underway with shooting, after announcing to fans that Jennifer Love Hewitt will be joining the cast as a replacement for Jeanne Tripplehorn's character Alex Blake.
In Criminal Minds Season 9 finale, there was a surprising and quiet departure by one of the team's mainstay casts, where Blake had left the team silently, with resident genius Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) being her last point of contact in the team onscreen.
There has been a buzz about how Hewitt will be joining the team. Considering the many departures of mainstays -- Elle Greenaway (Lola Glaudini), Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewster) and now Blake, all of whom have surprisingly similar looks and roles in the team -- Hewitt's character may be the first real break away from the string of brunettes who are filling the vacant role as investigator in the show.
In an interview with TV Line, show runner Erica Messer offers a bit of a clue on just how different Hewitt, who will take on the role as Kate Callahan, will be for Criminal Minds Season 10.
The BAU team will apparently encounter FBI agent Callahan on a smooching scene with a bad guy as they are working undercover to catch the pedophile.
"We've never seen our team pretend to like a criminal, so right off the bat she's different in that way," said Messer.
More News from Shemar Moore
Criminal Minds resident tough-but-nice guy Derek Morgan (played by Shemar Moore) has shared a recent tweet, which features a quick glimpse at one scene in an upcoming episode for the 10th season:
— Shemar Moore (@shemarmoore) July 22, 2014
Without specifying which episode the scene will be, Moore teases that "Derek Morgan is not Playing!" along with the hashtag "#ChasingDownPunks." It seems that Criminal Minds Season 10 will see a lot of kicking and taking down the bad guys-and main man Derek Morgan will be at the front of it.
A New Bad Guy Revealed
If those new clues and footage are not enough, Digital Spy has also found that Kerr Smith, who has been a veteran of long-running drama "Dawson's Creek" will be playing a bad guy in Criminal Minds Season 10.
Smith will be one of the creepier unsubs this season, as he takes on the role of a collector of human limbs, going by the name of Frank Cowles.
There are no details yet on which episode he will be donning the creepy unsub mask, but Criminal Minds Season 10 is set to debut on October 1 on CBS.
Read more news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS