Halo 5: Guardians and Halo: Nightfall Get New Info and a First Look at the SDCC 2014
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 1:12 PM EST
The San Diego Comic-Con was the best place for "Halo" fans as 343 Industries was able to give fans a glimpse of "Halo: Nightfall." The original live-action series, which is produced in part with Scott Free Productions from Ridley Scott, will be an Xbox exclusive for November.
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Screenshot Shows Off Exoskeleton Detail; Multiplayer to be Demoed at Gamescom
PS4 Firmware Update 1.74 is Out, Next Will Bring Media Playback; Possibility of Crash Bandicoot and Jak 4
But as early as now, SDCC 2014 attendees were treated to the official first-look of the video. Over at the Xbox Wire, new details have been furnished, specifically some plot points for the series and a look at the ongoing production.
"Halo: Nightfall" serves a preliminary purpose before Microsoft releases "Halo 5: Guardians." It will be the transition point between "Halo 4" and "Halo 5: Guardians" wherein Jameson Locke (played by Mike Colter) and his team will be the main focus. The story takes off after Locke and crew are involved in a terrorist attack as they are in the colony world of Sedra.
The plot consists of many themes, including survival, betrayal, and the issue of choosing where your loyalties lie. Moreover, Locke will be a character in "Halo 5: Guardians," so knowing a bit of his history can work out to your advantage.
"With 'Halo: Nightfall,' we're pioneering a new medium in terms of interactive storytelling on Xbox. It's going to be fun for long-time fans to see how the worlds come together with an ambition to attract new fans along the way with what we've created," said Scott to the Xbox Wire.
Halo Waypoint also has a few screenshots in high-definition of the first-look for "Halo: Nightfall."
The live-action series will be helmed by executive producer Ridley Scott and directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, whose history in the industry includes "Heroes" and "Battlestar Galactica."
For those who weren't able to catch the first-look, the video can be seen below.
Agent Locke: A Playable for 'Halo 5: Guardians'
On the topic of "Halo 5: Guardians" and Agent Locke, Microsoft has also confirmed that Locke will be a playable character once the title is released.
According to IGN, "Halo: Nightfall" will be an origin story to introduce the character. He has already been featured in "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" for its debut trailer. But the big question is whether or not he will be a friend or a rival to Master Chief, the well-known protagonist for the "Halo" series.
Even the developers were secretive about this particular angle. When asked, all they said to IGN is, "We'll answer that question one year from now in this very room."
While that is a very secretive response, it does pertain to the fact that "Halo 5: Guardians" won't be out just yet until after SDCC 2015, considering that 343 Industries is still planning to reveal some very crucial information at that point in time.
ead more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build