Halo 5: Guardians and Halo: Nightfall Get New Info and a First Look at the SDCC 2014
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 1:12 PM EST
The San Diego Comic-Con was the best place for "Halo" fans as 343 Industries was able to give fans a glimpse of "Halo: Nightfall." The original live-action series, which is produced in part with Scott Free Productions from Ridley Scott, will be an Xbox exclusive for November.
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Screenshot Shows Off Exoskeleton Detail; Multiplayer to be Demoed at Gamescom
PS4 Firmware Update 1.74 is Out, Next Will Bring Media Playback; Possibility of Crash Bandicoot and Jak 4
But as early as now, SDCC 2014 attendees were treated to the official first-look of the video. Over at the Xbox Wire, new details have been furnished, specifically some plot points for the series and a look at the ongoing production.
"Halo: Nightfall" serves a preliminary purpose before Microsoft releases "Halo 5: Guardians." It will be the transition point between "Halo 4" and "Halo 5: Guardians" wherein Jameson Locke (played by Mike Colter) and his team will be the main focus. The story takes off after Locke and crew are involved in a terrorist attack as they are in the colony world of Sedra.
The plot consists of many themes, including survival, betrayal, and the issue of choosing where your loyalties lie. Moreover, Locke will be a character in "Halo 5: Guardians," so knowing a bit of his history can work out to your advantage.
"With 'Halo: Nightfall,' we're pioneering a new medium in terms of interactive storytelling on Xbox. It's going to be fun for long-time fans to see how the worlds come together with an ambition to attract new fans along the way with what we've created," said Scott to the Xbox Wire.
Halo Waypoint also has a few screenshots in high-definition of the first-look for "Halo: Nightfall."
The live-action series will be helmed by executive producer Ridley Scott and directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, whose history in the industry includes "Heroes" and "Battlestar Galactica."
For those who weren't able to catch the first-look, the video can be seen below.
Agent Locke: A Playable for 'Halo 5: Guardians'
On the topic of "Halo 5: Guardians" and Agent Locke, Microsoft has also confirmed that Locke will be a playable character once the title is released.
According to IGN, "Halo: Nightfall" will be an origin story to introduce the character. He has already been featured in "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" for its debut trailer. But the big question is whether or not he will be a friend or a rival to Master Chief, the well-known protagonist for the "Halo" series.
Even the developers were secretive about this particular angle. When asked, all they said to IGN is, "We'll answer that question one year from now in this very room."
While that is a very secretive response, it does pertain to the fact that "Halo 5: Guardians" won't be out just yet until after SDCC 2015, considering that 343 Industries is still planning to reveal some very crucial information at that point in time.
ead more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date