HTC One M8 Glamour Red Version Goes to O2 in UK on Aug. 4
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 25, 2014 12:56 PM EST
HTC CEO Peter Chou shows the new HTC One M8 phone during a launch event in New York March 25, 2014. The HTC One M8 has a 5-inch display, slightly larger than its predecessor, as well as improved camera technology, a faster processor and updated software, the company said.
GSM Arena cited that it will be the first time the smart phone's red hue will hit the UK territory. Smart phone enthusiasts can avail of the HTC One M8 glamour red version from O2 for £620 or AU$1,117 on a contract option with its refresh tariffs on top of a Pay&Go option.
At present, only the amber gold and metal grey colors of HTC One M8 is available in UK. But the glamour red version is only available at Verizon in US.
The specs for the glamour red version will be the same with other HTC One M8 models. According to the phone's specification listed in the HTC company Web site, HTC One M8 has a 5-inch Super LCD display. The smart phone's screen resolution is at 1920 x 1080 pixels and image density of 441 pixels per inches (ppi).
As for the camera, HTC One M8 Glamour red version has a 4-megapixels rear facing camera and a 5- megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.3 GHz running on Android version 4.4.2 KitKat.
When it comes to memory, the Android smart phone has 2GB RAM and an internal memory of either 32 GB or 64 GB. The memory can also be expanded up to 128 GB via the microSD and 50 GB cloud storage via the Google Drive.
HTC One M8 Glamour red version also comes with 2G / 3G / 4G LTE networks and GPS and Bluetooth connectivity. There are also free apps included in the package such as Gmail, YouTube, Maps, Google Talk, and Google Search. The Android smart phone also has document viewer/editor, voice memo/dial/commands, organizer, calendar, and photo viewer/editor.
The Android smart phone is also packed with sensors such as accelerometer which monitors the smart phone user's tilt, motion, and acceleration. There is also a gyro sensor included which tracks the smart phone user's orientation or angular velocity. An ambient light sensor is also part of the package, which improves the smart phone user's viewability of the information displayed on the gadget's screen. HTC One M8 Glamour red version also has a barometer sensor which monitors the pressure, temperature, and pressure in the surroundings from where the smart phone user is located.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys