Kacy Catanzaro As Marvel’s Female Thor
By Tanya Diente | July 25, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Fans were surprised when it was announced that a female would soon take the role of the God of Thunder Thor. Now reports have claimed Kacy Catanzaro would be a perfect fit to play the character and she couldn't agree more.
The female version of the Marvel comic book superhero character Thor is shown in this publicity image released to Reuters on July 15, 2014, courtesy of Marvel Comics. Comic book superhero character Thor, who first appeared in 1962 and is based on the Norse hammer-wielding god, will now be a woman, publisher Marvel Comics said on July 15, 2014. The publisher said the female Thor is an effort to bring new readers and to appeal to women and girls, whom Marvel said have long been ignored in comics.
Being the oldest character in Marvel's comicbook history, Thor as a woman would be one of the most major changes so far since the death and rebirth of Superman, according to Inquisitr. Norse roots claimed Thor has always been a man. When it was first announced on The View that Marvel is changing the god into a goddess, some people were not pleased.
— The View (@theviewtv) July 15, 2014
However, this major change "pleases" Kacy Catanzaro who admitted she would love to be cast as the female Thor.
Standing five foot tall and weighing only 100 pounds, Catanzaro became the first woman to finish the "2014 American Ninja Warrior" obstacle course. Her finish landed her a spot in the finals in the show's six seasons.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the former NCAA gymnast said she has received an overflowing of support from fans and even celebrities after her win. She also expressed her interest in being a stunt woman during the interview. She hoped that people would soon notice her and eventually land her a spot on TV.
ABC quoted her when she said, "I do hope that some people will notice me and this might get me in that world. I want to do that sometime soon."
At one point in the interview, Kacy Catanzaro claimed she has received a lot of tweets telling her that she should be the female Thor.
"I've gotten a lot of tweets, 'Oh there's a new Thor, a woman, it should be you.' I'm like, 'OK, sign me up,'" she said.
Inquisitr added that #mightykacy even became a trend on Twitter.
The 25-year old is not ruling out any options of fame after the finals of "American Ninja Warrior" in Las Vegas. Kacy Catanzaro claimed she would like to be a stuntwoman on the hit show "Arrow" or maybe star in a "cool video game" for superheroes.
Source: YouTube/Caitlin Reyna
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage