Surgeons Find 5-inch Sex Toy Inside Woman’s Vagina That Stayed There for One Decade
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 25, 2014 12:47 PM EST
A Scottish woman lived with a five-inch sex toy inside her vagina for a decade without having the slightest realisation, physicians claimed.
A worker checks a vibrator during a test process at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
This case, reported in The Journal of Sexual Medicine, stated it is the first time a sex toy has been left inside a woman for 10 years.
This 38-year-old lady wanted to see a doctor at hospital as she was suffering from huge weight loss, shaking and lethargy.
She also went through mild incontinence for 'a few weeks.'
When detailed examinations were performed, astonished doctors found a strange foreign body protruding into her bladder right from the vagina.
This strange discovery was followed by immediate surgical removal of the item at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where they found a five-inch (11cm) sex toy.
Medical personnel were extremely surprised to know that she had used the sex toy with her partner 10 years ago.
She further admitted, because she was under the influence of alcohol at the time, that she had no memory of what happened afterwards.
She showed a normal IQ level with no signs of depression or psychosis and she had not been subject to any abuse, the report suggests.
But according to the physicians, this sex toy caused her potentially life-threatening damage.
The woman was a patient of rare 'vesicovaginal ﬁstula,’ an abnormal tract that allows urine to flow into the vagina.
She also suffered from obstructive uropathy in which a blockage in the bladder causes urine to back up into the kidneys.
After removal of the sex toy, these damages were also repaired by the surgeons.
According to Daily Mail, one doctor at the hospital confirmed it was highly unusual for such a large foreign object to go unnoticed in the majority of instances - by patients or their partners. This is because the vagina is full of nerve endings and is extremely sensitive, he says.
But this seems to be a common practice in people with Münchausen syndrome – a psychiatric diorder where the patient fabricates symptoms in order to get more attention or sympathy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS