Surgeons Find 5-inch Sex Toy Inside Woman’s Vagina That Stayed There for One Decade
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 25, 2014 12:47 PM EST
A Scottish woman lived with a five-inch sex toy inside her vagina for a decade without having the slightest realisation, physicians claimed.
A worker checks a vibrator during a test process at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
This case, reported in The Journal of Sexual Medicine, stated it is the first time a sex toy has been left inside a woman for 10 years.
This 38-year-old lady wanted to see a doctor at hospital as she was suffering from huge weight loss, shaking and lethargy.
She also went through mild incontinence for 'a few weeks.'
When detailed examinations were performed, astonished doctors found a strange foreign body protruding into her bladder right from the vagina.
This strange discovery was followed by immediate surgical removal of the item at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where they found a five-inch (11cm) sex toy.
Medical personnel were extremely surprised to know that she had used the sex toy with her partner 10 years ago.
She further admitted, because she was under the influence of alcohol at the time, that she had no memory of what happened afterwards.
She showed a normal IQ level with no signs of depression or psychosis and she had not been subject to any abuse, the report suggests.
But according to the physicians, this sex toy caused her potentially life-threatening damage.
The woman was a patient of rare 'vesicovaginal ﬁstula,’ an abnormal tract that allows urine to flow into the vagina.
She also suffered from obstructive uropathy in which a blockage in the bladder causes urine to back up into the kidneys.
After removal of the sex toy, these damages were also repaired by the surgeons.
According to Daily Mail, one doctor at the hospital confirmed it was highly unusual for such a large foreign object to go unnoticed in the majority of instances - by patients or their partners. This is because the vagina is full of nerve endings and is extremely sensitive, he says.
But this seems to be a common practice in people with Münchausen syndrome – a psychiatric diorder where the patient fabricates symptoms in order to get more attention or sympathy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Beating Postnatal Depression Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Seasonal Flu Kills Hundreds In New Zealand Every Year
- Girl Gives Free Testicle Exams On International Men’s Day For Charity, Simple Pickup Donates To Movember
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change