Surgeons Find 5-inch Sex Toy Inside Woman’s Vagina That Stayed There for One Decade
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 25, 2014 12:47 PM EST
A Scottish woman lived with a five-inch sex toy inside her vagina for a decade without having the slightest realisation, physicians claimed.
A worker checks a vibrator during a test process at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
This case, reported in The Journal of Sexual Medicine, stated it is the first time a sex toy has been left inside a woman for 10 years.
This 38-year-old lady wanted to see a doctor at hospital as she was suffering from huge weight loss, shaking and lethargy.
She also went through mild incontinence for 'a few weeks.'
When detailed examinations were performed, astonished doctors found a strange foreign body protruding into her bladder right from the vagina.
This strange discovery was followed by immediate surgical removal of the item at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where they found a five-inch (11cm) sex toy.
Medical personnel were extremely surprised to know that she had used the sex toy with her partner 10 years ago.
She further admitted, because she was under the influence of alcohol at the time, that she had no memory of what happened afterwards.
She showed a normal IQ level with no signs of depression or psychosis and she had not been subject to any abuse, the report suggests.
But according to the physicians, this sex toy caused her potentially life-threatening damage.
The woman was a patient of rare 'vesicovaginal ﬁstula,’ an abnormal tract that allows urine to flow into the vagina.
She also suffered from obstructive uropathy in which a blockage in the bladder causes urine to back up into the kidneys.
After removal of the sex toy, these damages were also repaired by the surgeons.
According to Daily Mail, one doctor at the hospital confirmed it was highly unusual for such a large foreign object to go unnoticed in the majority of instances - by patients or their partners. This is because the vagina is full of nerve endings and is extremely sensitive, he says.
But this seems to be a common practice in people with Münchausen syndrome – a psychiatric diorder where the patient fabricates symptoms in order to get more attention or sympathy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Tips On How To Find A Good Pediatrician For Your Kids
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues