Red HTC One M8 for O2 UK, Verizon Launches One Remix in U.S.
By Sovan Mandal | July 25, 2014 12:27 PM EST
There is a new HTC One in town and it's out to paint the town red. Unfortunately, the Glamor Red version of the One M8, which happens to be the newest colour option for the HTC flagship device is an O2 UK exclusive. The Glamor red colour option will join Amber Gold and Metal Grey choices that O2 has been offering, so far, and will be available starting Aug 4. The HTC One M8 done up in such a shade of red have, so far, been available only in the U.S. courtesy of Verizon.
HTC CEO Peter Chou shows the new HTC One M8 phone during a launch event in New York March 25, 2014.
However, apart for a red makeover, the device shares the same specification with the standard HTC One M8 device available elsewhere, further mentions TrustedReviews. This includes a 5-inch 1,080p full-HD display, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chip rated at 2.3 Ghz and a 2 GB RAM. The 16 GB of onboard storage is further bolstered by microSD card support. The One M8 also boasts of BoomSound-compliant stereo speakers and a 5-MP camera accommodated at the front.
Meanwhile, HTC is also reported to be working on an aqua blue- and pink-coloured versions of the One M8, claims Ubergizmo.
HTC has confirmed its unlocked international One M8 is due to receive Android 4.4.3 KitKat update by the end of this week, reports android.gs. The report further speculated the said update could well be the last for the One M8 before its Android L comes to the scene. HTC could then be seen channeling its resources towards an Android L update instead of Android 4.4.4 for the unlocked One M8.
In another related development, Verizon has launched the HTC One Remix on July 24. For the uninitiated, its just the One Mini 2 that has been rebranded as the HTC One Remix by Verizon. As such, the Remix shares the same specification as the standard One Mini 2. This includes a 4.5-inch 720p display, a Snapdragon 400 chip and 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage. The One Mini 2 also boasts of a 13-MP camera at the rear and a 5-MP unit at the front.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build