Lana del Rey Talks About Relationship, Sex, and Smoking, and Her Songs in Complex Cover
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 25, 2014 11:46 AM EST
American singer and songwriter Lana del Rey talked comprehensively on the topics about her recent relationship, her perception on sex, her smoking habit and her songs.
U.S. singer Lana del Rey performs on the Pyramid Stage at Worthy Farm in Somerset, during the Glastonbury Festival June 28, 2014.
In a recent interview for the August/September issue of Compex Magazine, the 28-year old singer divulged the reason why she opted for Nina Simon's "The Other Woman" on her third album "Ultraviolence" which was released last June. The singer stated that she relate to the person who people come to for such a change of routine from the old one.
The Born to Die singer stated that she had a long-term relationship with a head of a label and in that seven-year relationship she felt that she was that change of routine. She waited for a long time to be the person his kids came home to but it never happened to she seek other relationship and she felt that it became the pattern in her subsequent relationships.
Just late last June, Lana del Rey confirmed the split with her rumoured Fiancé Barrie-James O'Neill after two years of being together.
The Once Upon a Dream sensation also revealed with all honesty to Complex that her hit single "Fucked My Way Up to the Top" was a commentary on the people's perception to her.
"It's commentary, like, "I know what you think of me," and I'm alluding to that," Lana del Rey stated. She clarified that it was a different scenario in real life. "You know, I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry, but none of them helped me get my record deals. Which is annoying," the star stated.
The Young and Beautiful hitmaker also divulged to the same magazine that she is a chain smoker since she was 17 so she mostly play with outdoor festivals. She laughingly stated that its crazy but she reasoned that she needs to smoke in between the performanced which lasted up to 45 minutes per set.
Despite the platinum and gold records that Lana del Rey had attained, the singer stated that she still had not found the community of people she was looking for like the way Bob Dylan found his friends or the respect of being a writer. She stated that the gold and platinum stuff does not mean as much as she can hear people saying things about her while walking down the street.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight