Battlefield Hardline vs Titanfall: Hardline Delayed to 2015; Titanfall Adds Black Market
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Battlefield fans will have to make do with the improved "Battlefield 4" for 2014, because the cops and criminals game "Battlefield Hardline" won't be seeing any release dates until 2015.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
This was announced over at Battlefield Blog, where DICE VP and general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson took to explaining why the next Battlefield game needs more time in the drawing boards.
"This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing," said Troedsson on the Battlefield Blog.
"However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn't have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months."
Even though "Battlefield Hardline" has been sampled via a beta, developer Visceral Games had seen firsthand some new additions that would make the gameplay even better. And because of this, they need more with the game.
There are three points that will add value to "Battlefield Hardline" as enumerated by the developers:
- Multiplayer: The extra time will be well-spent for innovation of the multiplayer component of "Battlefield Hardline." These will include new ideas from community feedback.
- More depth for single player campaign: This will entail polishing the core features of the game and making the "crime revenge" angle even more believable.
- More stability: In order to spare gamers the same experience as "Battlefield 4," the developers are bent on ensuring that the game is optimized and will have a stable launch.
"We are doing all of this for one reason. Because we want 'Battlefield Hardline' to be the best game it can be, and so that we can create the best environment for a smooth launch for our players."
Even with all of these new developments for "Battlefield Hardline," Troedsson reassured fans that they will continue improvements with "Battlefield 4."
'Titanfall' Gets an Update with Black Market
Upon hearing the term "Black Market," the initial reaction is that something shady is going to get down real fast over at "Titanfall."
But even though the term really does mean the shady area, the seedy underbelly found in Frontier, the Black Market, will be a very welcome ail for those who can't survive and afford to risk their lives standard issue items alone, revealed at the latest blog post for "Titanfall".
You can land some items like Burn Cardsand Titan Insignias, the latter of which can be unlocked while in the Black Market so you can use them alongside other Titan Insignias.
The Burn Card Packs will have a specific theme, so you could technically choose the type of card you'd need, but you will only get a shot at getting what you want as they are given at random.
Lastly, the Black Market will also introduce credits, which allow you to buy the mentioned items at the Black Market.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]