Battlefield Hardline vs Titanfall: Hardline Delayed to 2015; Titanfall Adds Black Market
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Battlefield fans will have to make do with the improved "Battlefield 4" for 2014, because the cops and criminals game "Battlefield Hardline" won't be seeing any release dates until 2015.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
This was announced over at Battlefield Blog, where DICE VP and general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson took to explaining why the next Battlefield game needs more time in the drawing boards.
"This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing," said Troedsson on the Battlefield Blog.
"However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn't have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months."
Even though "Battlefield Hardline" has been sampled via a beta, developer Visceral Games had seen firsthand some new additions that would make the gameplay even better. And because of this, they need more with the game.
There are three points that will add value to "Battlefield Hardline" as enumerated by the developers:
- Multiplayer: The extra time will be well-spent for innovation of the multiplayer component of "Battlefield Hardline." These will include new ideas from community feedback.
- More depth for single player campaign: This will entail polishing the core features of the game and making the "crime revenge" angle even more believable.
- More stability: In order to spare gamers the same experience as "Battlefield 4," the developers are bent on ensuring that the game is optimized and will have a stable launch.
"We are doing all of this for one reason. Because we want 'Battlefield Hardline' to be the best game it can be, and so that we can create the best environment for a smooth launch for our players."
Even with all of these new developments for "Battlefield Hardline," Troedsson reassured fans that they will continue improvements with "Battlefield 4."
'Titanfall' Gets an Update with Black Market
Upon hearing the term "Black Market," the initial reaction is that something shady is going to get down real fast over at "Titanfall."
But even though the term really does mean the shady area, the seedy underbelly found in Frontier, the Black Market, will be a very welcome ail for those who can't survive and afford to risk their lives standard issue items alone, revealed at the latest blog post for "Titanfall".
You can land some items like Burn Cardsand Titan Insignias, the latter of which can be unlocked while in the Black Market so you can use them alongside other Titan Insignias.
The Burn Card Packs will have a specific theme, so you could technically choose the type of card you'd need, but you will only get a shot at getting what you want as they are given at random.
Lastly, the Black Market will also introduce credits, which allow you to buy the mentioned items at the Black Market.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?