Battlefield Hardline vs Titanfall: Hardline Delayed to 2015; Titanfall Adds Black Market
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Battlefield fans will have to make do with the improved "Battlefield 4" for 2014, because the cops and criminals game "Battlefield Hardline" won't be seeing any release dates until 2015.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
This was announced over at Battlefield Blog, where DICE VP and general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson took to explaining why the next Battlefield game needs more time in the drawing boards.
"This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing," said Troedsson on the Battlefield Blog.
"However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn't have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months."
Even though "Battlefield Hardline" has been sampled via a beta, developer Visceral Games had seen firsthand some new additions that would make the gameplay even better. And because of this, they need more with the game.
There are three points that will add value to "Battlefield Hardline" as enumerated by the developers:
- Multiplayer: The extra time will be well-spent for innovation of the multiplayer component of "Battlefield Hardline." These will include new ideas from community feedback.
- More depth for single player campaign: This will entail polishing the core features of the game and making the "crime revenge" angle even more believable.
- More stability: In order to spare gamers the same experience as "Battlefield 4," the developers are bent on ensuring that the game is optimized and will have a stable launch.
"We are doing all of this for one reason. Because we want 'Battlefield Hardline' to be the best game it can be, and so that we can create the best environment for a smooth launch for our players."
Even with all of these new developments for "Battlefield Hardline," Troedsson reassured fans that they will continue improvements with "Battlefield 4."
'Titanfall' Gets an Update with Black Market
Upon hearing the term "Black Market," the initial reaction is that something shady is going to get down real fast over at "Titanfall."
But even though the term really does mean the shady area, the seedy underbelly found in Frontier, the Black Market, will be a very welcome ail for those who can't survive and afford to risk their lives standard issue items alone, revealed at the latest blog post for "Titanfall".
You can land some items like Burn Cardsand Titan Insignias, the latter of which can be unlocked while in the Black Market so you can use them alongside other Titan Insignias.
The Burn Card Packs will have a specific theme, so you could technically choose the type of card you'd need, but you will only get a shot at getting what you want as they are given at random.
Lastly, the Black Market will also introduce credits, which allow you to buy the mentioned items at the Black Market.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles