Battlefield Hardline vs Titanfall: Hardline Delayed to 2015; Titanfall Adds Black Market
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Battlefield fans will have to make do with the improved "Battlefield 4" for 2014, because the cops and criminals game "Battlefield Hardline" won't be seeing any release dates until 2015.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
This was announced over at Battlefield Blog, where DICE VP and general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson took to explaining why the next Battlefield game needs more time in the drawing boards.
"This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing," said Troedsson on the Battlefield Blog.
"However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn't have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months."
Even though "Battlefield Hardline" has been sampled via a beta, developer Visceral Games had seen firsthand some new additions that would make the gameplay even better. And because of this, they need more with the game.
There are three points that will add value to "Battlefield Hardline" as enumerated by the developers:
- Multiplayer: The extra time will be well-spent for innovation of the multiplayer component of "Battlefield Hardline." These will include new ideas from community feedback.
- More depth for single player campaign: This will entail polishing the core features of the game and making the "crime revenge" angle even more believable.
- More stability: In order to spare gamers the same experience as "Battlefield 4," the developers are bent on ensuring that the game is optimized and will have a stable launch.
"We are doing all of this for one reason. Because we want 'Battlefield Hardline' to be the best game it can be, and so that we can create the best environment for a smooth launch for our players."
Even with all of these new developments for "Battlefield Hardline," Troedsson reassured fans that they will continue improvements with "Battlefield 4."
'Titanfall' Gets an Update with Black Market
Upon hearing the term "Black Market," the initial reaction is that something shady is going to get down real fast over at "Titanfall."
But even though the term really does mean the shady area, the seedy underbelly found in Frontier, the Black Market, will be a very welcome ail for those who can't survive and afford to risk their lives standard issue items alone, revealed at the latest blog post for "Titanfall".
You can land some items like Burn Cardsand Titan Insignias, the latter of which can be unlocked while in the Black Market so you can use them alongside other Titan Insignias.
The Burn Card Packs will have a specific theme, so you could technically choose the type of card you'd need, but you will only get a shot at getting what you want as they are given at random.
Lastly, the Black Market will also introduce credits, which allow you to buy the mentioned items at the Black Market.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation