Samsung Galaxy Alpha May Not be as Expected; Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:25 AM EST
A person holds a Samsung Galaxy S4 displaying a Twitter error message in front of Turkish national flag in this illustration taken in Zenica, March 21, 2014. Turkey's courts have blocked access to Twitter a little over a week before elections as Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan battles a corruption scandal that has seen social media awash with alleged evidence of government wrongdoing. The ban came hours after a defiant Erdogan, on the campaign trail ahead of key March 30 local elections, vowed to "wipe out" Twitter and said he did not care what the international community had to say about it.
Destiny Beta Compared Across Platforms as Xbox One Gets Hit with Installation Issues; Chat Feature Explained
However, based on the photos, fans may be in for a disappointment, as it may not be the premium Samsung device that everyone was expecting it to be.
Phone Arena reports that the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha was put at a 4.8-inch display with only 720x1280 pixels, far from the premium standards that it should meet to battle against the big wigs like the iPhone 6 and LG G3.
But this is as far as the mid-range specs go, as the rumoured aluminum body has not yet been debunked or denied by manufacturers until now. Even in the leaked images, the supposed Samsung Galaxy Alpha can be seen with what appears to be a metal body.
The link above features a gallery of images of the alleged Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
In another batch of leaked images, however, there is a conflict as to the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. GSM Arena also features its own string of live images of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and according to the report, it's still boasting a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, the Exynos chipset, fingerprint scanner, heart-rate sensor, and a metallic frame.
The newest pictures are interested, in that it also flashes the back portion of the phone. As can be seen, the only change compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that it will feature a metallic frame. The rear cover is still detachable and made out of plastic, similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Both of the sources' images are still unconfirmed by Samsung, so best to take them with a grain of salt until the South Korean company makes the handset official.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Out for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
The new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is now out for owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE via over-the-air update.
Some have been wondering whether the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE has already been forgotten in the updates list, but it's good to know that Samsung is ensuring that more and more devices will be on Android by then.
SamMobile notes that the latest update will carry the same new features and improvements as what is expected from the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate