Samsung Galaxy Alpha May Not be as Expected; Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:25 AM EST
A person holds a Samsung Galaxy S4 displaying a Twitter error message in front of Turkish national flag in this illustration taken in Zenica, March 21, 2014. Turkey's courts have blocked access to Twitter a little over a week before elections as Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan battles a corruption scandal that has seen social media awash with alleged evidence of government wrongdoing. The ban came hours after a defiant Erdogan, on the campaign trail ahead of key March 30 local elections, vowed to "wipe out" Twitter and said he did not care what the international community had to say about it.
Destiny Beta Compared Across Platforms as Xbox One Gets Hit with Installation Issues; Chat Feature Explained
However, based on the photos, fans may be in for a disappointment, as it may not be the premium Samsung device that everyone was expecting it to be.
Phone Arena reports that the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha was put at a 4.8-inch display with only 720x1280 pixels, far from the premium standards that it should meet to battle against the big wigs like the iPhone 6 and LG G3.
But this is as far as the mid-range specs go, as the rumoured aluminum body has not yet been debunked or denied by manufacturers until now. Even in the leaked images, the supposed Samsung Galaxy Alpha can be seen with what appears to be a metal body.
The link above features a gallery of images of the alleged Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
In another batch of leaked images, however, there is a conflict as to the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. GSM Arena also features its own string of live images of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and according to the report, it's still boasting a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, the Exynos chipset, fingerprint scanner, heart-rate sensor, and a metallic frame.
The newest pictures are interested, in that it also flashes the back portion of the phone. As can be seen, the only change compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that it will feature a metallic frame. The rear cover is still detachable and made out of plastic, similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Both of the sources' images are still unconfirmed by Samsung, so best to take them with a grain of salt until the South Korean company makes the handset official.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Out for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
The new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is now out for owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE via over-the-air update.
Some have been wondering whether the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE has already been forgotten in the updates list, but it's good to know that Samsung is ensuring that more and more devices will be on Android by then.
SamMobile notes that the latest update will carry the same new features and improvements as what is expected from the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date