Samsung Galaxy Alpha May Not be as Expected; Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
By Gel Galang | July 25, 2014 11:25 AM EST
A person holds a Samsung Galaxy S4 displaying a Twitter error message in front of Turkish national flag in this illustration taken in Zenica, March 21, 2014. Turkey's courts have blocked access to Twitter a little over a week before elections as Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan battles a corruption scandal that has seen social media awash with alleged evidence of government wrongdoing. The ban came hours after a defiant Erdogan, on the campaign trail ahead of key March 30 local elections, vowed to "wipe out" Twitter and said he did not care what the international community had to say about it.
Destiny Beta Compared Across Platforms as Xbox One Gets Hit with Installation Issues; Chat Feature Explained
However, based on the photos, fans may be in for a disappointment, as it may not be the premium Samsung device that everyone was expecting it to be.
Phone Arena reports that the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha was put at a 4.8-inch display with only 720x1280 pixels, far from the premium standards that it should meet to battle against the big wigs like the iPhone 6 and LG G3.
But this is as far as the mid-range specs go, as the rumoured aluminum body has not yet been debunked or denied by manufacturers until now. Even in the leaked images, the supposed Samsung Galaxy Alpha can be seen with what appears to be a metal body.
The link above features a gallery of images of the alleged Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
In another batch of leaked images, however, there is a conflict as to the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. GSM Arena also features its own string of live images of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and according to the report, it's still boasting a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, the Exynos chipset, fingerprint scanner, heart-rate sensor, and a metallic frame.
The newest pictures are interested, in that it also flashes the back portion of the phone. As can be seen, the only change compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that it will feature a metallic frame. The rear cover is still detachable and made out of plastic, similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Both of the sources' images are still unconfirmed by Samsung, so best to take them with a grain of salt until the South Korean company makes the handset official.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Out for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
The new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is now out for owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE via over-the-air update.
Some have been wondering whether the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE has already been forgotten in the updates list, but it's good to know that Samsung is ensuring that more and more devices will be on Android by then.
SamMobile notes that the latest update will carry the same new features and improvements as what is expected from the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28