Transfer News: Real Madrid Set to Sign the Best Goalkeeper of the World Cup
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 25, 2014 5:44 AM EST
Real Madrid are reportedly set to sign Levante no. 1 Keylor Navas, following an impressive individual performance during the recent World Cup finals.
Real Madrid are reportedly set to sign Costa Rica's Keylor Navas
The 27-year-old was instrumental in Costa Rica's run in the quadrennial competition that saw them reach the last eight for the first time.
He received man-of-the-match honours once in the Group phase, while clinching the same recognition against Greece in the round-of-16, wherein he made several crucial saves throughout normal time as well as one key stop during the penalty shoutout.
Navas, who only conceded 2 goals the entire tournament, recording a save rate of 91.3 per cent, was again named best player in their losing effort against the Netherlands in the quarter-finals that went down to penalties.
At club level, he performed pretty decently as he only allowed 43 goals against Les Granotes, just within the region of Real Madrid's 38, and FC Barcelona's 33.
The native of Perez Zeledon was perceived by some pundits to have been robbed of the Golder Glove award, which was handed to Germany's Manuel Neuer,
Some pundits believe that the Perez Zeledon native was robbed of the Golden Glove award, which was handed to Germany's Manuel Neuer. The impending move to the Bernabeu only validates claims that he was the best shot-stopper during the 2014 World Cup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS