Manchester United Boss Pledges to 'Change System at Once'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 25, 2014 4:25 AM EST
Louis van Gaal is still adjusting to his role as Manchester United's manager, following a two-year stint as Netherlands boss.
New Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal attends a news conference at the club's Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester, northern England, July 17, 2014.
The Dutchman, who almost led the Oranje to the finals - losing to eventual runners-up Argentina in the semi-finals on penalties, has all the accolades that's worth boasting under his belt, bringing back lost hope to supporters of the Red Devils after a dreadful 2013/14 season.
However, his initial challenge, at this juncture, is to workaround on a team that he never built, instill his philosophies to players who he thinks could fit his system immediately, while replacing those who couldn't.
"When you want to change a system, you must start at once,"said the 62-year-old.
"We have only played it twice on the training pitch but the boys are willing to pick up the information."
"We can play better with this new system because we have four strikers. When we play 4-3-3 I have three strikers on the bench, and that is not good."
Van Gaal's attack-oriented style of play won United their first preseason game, beating the LA Galaxy 7-nil.
But, let's be honest, there is a big discrepancy between MLS teams vis-a-vis Premier League clubs. Nevertheless, it's still a positive start.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date