American Horror Story -Freak Show: ‘Brooding Period Feel’ in Season 4, Ryan Murphy has a Role for How I Met Your Mother Actor
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 24, 2014 10:17 PM EST
The season 4 of "American Horror Story" was supposed to be lighter in tone, just like Season 3, "Coven." However, the new season of FX's horror anthology series, which is subtitled "Freak Show," is turning out to be darker like Season 2, "Asylum" but there will be the comic "Coven" tone, as well.
John Landgraf, CEO at FX, has said that the new season has a "brooding period feel" to it and it is "halfway between" both "Asylum" and "Coven," according to Huffington Post. He also indicated that some of the new characters are "really strange."
At the Television Critics Academy (TCA) press tour, Landgraf said, as quoted by Huffington Post, "Other years it's going to be dark and brooding -- like "Asylum" was. I guess I would put "Freak Show" half-way in between the two. It's got a little bit more humour and a little bit more camp, but its got a brooding period feel to it also." "Freak Show" is set in 1950s.
Huffington Post reports that the CEO of FX also said that the upcoming season's characters are "really distinctive, really original, some are really strange" but "really compelling."
Meanwhile, Neil Patrick Harris, whose popular sitcom "How I Met Your Mother" recently wrapped-up, has expressed his interest in starring in "American Horror Story." He said in an interview to EW Radio that he wrote a letter to co-creator of "American Horror Story," Ryan Murphy, asking him if he could be in "American Horror Story." He also said that he loved the series and that ""Coven" was fantastic."
"And ... to do one that involves any kind of freak, circus, nonsense is going to be so unsettling to watch," Harris said on EW Radio."Can't wait!" He also revealed that Murphy has yet to reply to his letter.
Murphy took to Twitter to tell Harris that he has a role for him in the much anticipated "Freak Show." He said on Twitter, "@ActuallyNPH of course you can be on Freak Show! I have a role I think you'd love."
"American Horror Story" Season 4 is expected to premiere this year in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date