The Big Bang Theory Season 8 ‘Not’ Stalled, but Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki still without New Contract
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 24, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Chuck Lorre, the executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," does not believe that the filming of Season 8 of the hugely popular CBS sitcom will be stalled because of actors' contract issue. He also told the press that things will work out between the actors and the producing studio. The media has been abuzz with the news that the production of the new season may get delayed because the lead actors such as Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Johnny Galecki [Leonard], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] still do not have a new contract.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Deadline.com recently reported that the lead actors are still negotiating the new contract with the show's production studio, Warner Bros. TV. The report also revealed that there has been "little dialogue" between both the parties, and the actors are not close to signing a new contract. According to reports, Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuocoa are demanding a hefty pay hike, reportedly from $325,000 an episode to $1 million an episode.
At the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour, Lorre told the media that he does not believe that there will be a production delay because of the contract issue, according to The Hollywood Reporter (THR). He said, as quoted by THR, "There are people at Warner Bros. Television and people representing the actors who have done this before. This will work itself out. I think it's great; I want them all to be crazy wealthy because nobody deserves it more than this cast. It'll work out."
CBS has also said that everything will work out. Nina Tassler, chairman of Entertainment at CBS, said to Deadline, "We're feeling very confident that everything will work out. These deals always get miraculously done."
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to begin filming at the end of this month, July 30. The new season is set to premiere on Monday, September 22, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness