The Big Bang Theory Season 8 ‘Not’ Stalled, but Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki still without New Contract
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 24, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Chuck Lorre, the executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," does not believe that the filming of Season 8 of the hugely popular CBS sitcom will be stalled because of actors' contract issue. He also told the press that things will work out between the actors and the producing studio. The media has been abuzz with the news that the production of the new season may get delayed because the lead actors such as Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Johnny Galecki [Leonard], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] still do not have a new contract.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Deadline.com recently reported that the lead actors are still negotiating the new contract with the show's production studio, Warner Bros. TV. The report also revealed that there has been "little dialogue" between both the parties, and the actors are not close to signing a new contract. According to reports, Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuocoa are demanding a hefty pay hike, reportedly from $325,000 an episode to $1 million an episode.
At the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour, Lorre told the media that he does not believe that there will be a production delay because of the contract issue, according to The Hollywood Reporter (THR). He said, as quoted by THR, "There are people at Warner Bros. Television and people representing the actors who have done this before. This will work itself out. I think it's great; I want them all to be crazy wealthy because nobody deserves it more than this cast. It'll work out."
CBS has also said that everything will work out. Nina Tassler, chairman of Entertainment at CBS, said to Deadline, "We're feeling very confident that everything will work out. These deals always get miraculously done."
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to begin filming at the end of this month, July 30. The new season is set to premiere on Monday, September 22, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet