Ellen DeGeneres Quits Alcohol to Support Portia de Rossi, Talk Show Host Brags about Wife’s New Role in Scandal - Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 24, 2014 8:18 PM EST
Amidst the cheating allegations and bunch of divorce rumours, a new report suggests that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are trying to work on their marriage as the talk host vows to quit alcohol to help her wife's struggles with alcohol addiction. Elllen also revealed recently that de Rossi is scheduled to take a role in ABC's hit television series "Scandal."
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Allegedly checked herself into rehab a few months ago, the "Arrested Development" actress is battling with alcohol and substance abuse and is currently sober as she tries to get back on her acting career. To support in her time of need, Ellen is dropping everything and cutting out booze to support Portia to get sober again.
"Ellen has always been a big drinker.She loves her wine but she's realised her behavior has only enabled Portia to drink as well, and she feels partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint," an insider told U.S. OK! Magazine. "Ellen loves Portia more than anything in the world and wants to make sure she's healthy, emotionally and physically, and she also realised that drinking in front of Portia is just selfish."
Slamming all divorce and cheating rumours, the source revealed that the couple's marriage is better than ever and the Oscar host is grateful that her wife is healthy again. She even tweeted Rossi's new gig with ABC's hit series, and wrote: "So annoying when people brag on twitter & that's why I'm not tweeting that Portia just signed on to do a top secret arc on 'Scandal'. Oops."
Bragging her wife's accomplishments, the 56-year-old host was happy to announce to her 29.8 million followers that Portia landed a coveted role acting alongside Kerry Washington and the rest of the ensemble cast of "Scandal."
With their sixth anniversary coming up on Aug. 16, the couple is reportedly planning a big celebration to renew their vows to one another with a ceremony scheduled to take place in de Rossi's native place, Australia.
"Scandal" season 4 is set to kick off in the small screens on Sept. 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists