Ellen DeGeneres Quits Alcohol to Support Portia de Rossi, Talk Show Host Brags about Wife’s New Role in Scandal - Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 24, 2014 8:18 PM EST
Amidst the cheating allegations and bunch of divorce rumours, a new report suggests that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are trying to work on their marriage as the talk host vows to quit alcohol to help her wife's struggles with alcohol addiction. Elllen also revealed recently that de Rossi is scheduled to take a role in ABC's hit television series "Scandal."
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Allegedly checked herself into rehab a few months ago, the "Arrested Development" actress is battling with alcohol and substance abuse and is currently sober as she tries to get back on her acting career. To support in her time of need, Ellen is dropping everything and cutting out booze to support Portia to get sober again.
"Ellen has always been a big drinker.She loves her wine but she's realised her behavior has only enabled Portia to drink as well, and she feels partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint," an insider told U.S. OK! Magazine. "Ellen loves Portia more than anything in the world and wants to make sure she's healthy, emotionally and physically, and she also realised that drinking in front of Portia is just selfish."
Slamming all divorce and cheating rumours, the source revealed that the couple's marriage is better than ever and the Oscar host is grateful that her wife is healthy again. She even tweeted Rossi's new gig with ABC's hit series, and wrote: "So annoying when people brag on twitter & that's why I'm not tweeting that Portia just signed on to do a top secret arc on 'Scandal'. Oops."
Bragging her wife's accomplishments, the 56-year-old host was happy to announce to her 29.8 million followers that Portia landed a coveted role acting alongside Kerry Washington and the rest of the ensemble cast of "Scandal."
With their sixth anniversary coming up on Aug. 16, the couple is reportedly planning a big celebration to renew their vows to one another with a ceremony scheduled to take place in de Rossi's native place, Australia.
"Scandal" season 4 is set to kick off in the small screens on Sept. 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide