Ellen DeGeneres Quits Alcohol to Support Portia de Rossi, Talk Show Host Brags about Wife’s New Role in Scandal - Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 24, 2014 8:18 PM EST
Amidst the cheating allegations and bunch of divorce rumours, a new report suggests that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are trying to work on their marriage as the talk host vows to quit alcohol to help her wife's struggles with alcohol addiction. Elllen also revealed recently that de Rossi is scheduled to take a role in ABC's hit television series "Scandal."
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
Allegedly checked herself into rehab a few months ago, the "Arrested Development" actress is battling with alcohol and substance abuse and is currently sober as she tries to get back on her acting career. To support in her time of need, Ellen is dropping everything and cutting out booze to support Portia to get sober again.
"Ellen has always been a big drinker.She loves her wine but she's realised her behavior has only enabled Portia to drink as well, and she feels partially responsible for Portia's rehab stint," an insider told U.S. OK! Magazine. "Ellen loves Portia more than anything in the world and wants to make sure she's healthy, emotionally and physically, and she also realised that drinking in front of Portia is just selfish."
Slamming all divorce and cheating rumours, the source revealed that the couple's marriage is better than ever and the Oscar host is grateful that her wife is healthy again. She even tweeted Rossi's new gig with ABC's hit series, and wrote: "So annoying when people brag on twitter & that's why I'm not tweeting that Portia just signed on to do a top secret arc on 'Scandal'. Oops."
Bragging her wife's accomplishments, the 56-year-old host was happy to announce to her 29.8 million followers that Portia landed a coveted role acting alongside Kerry Washington and the rest of the ensemble cast of "Scandal."
With their sixth anniversary coming up on Aug. 16, the couple is reportedly planning a big celebration to renew their vows to one another with a ceremony scheduled to take place in de Rossi's native place, Australia.
"Scandal" season 4 is set to kick off in the small screens on Sept. 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast